Connecting lpg oven and hob - getting it right for BSS

starman

Featured Posts

I'm plumbing in an entirely new built-in oven and hob  set-up with a new gas line too. I have the BSS Guide but am still somewhat unsure how to interpret what it requires. Chief query is how the final pipework and connections to built-in appliances can be accessible for inspection as required. The  Guide also says that 'Hob/oven arrangements may be deemed one appliance'  for the purposes of having a local isolation valve - so just a single shut off valve then a Tee to the two appliances is okay? And rigid or flexible final connections? I've used both in the past but rules and interpretations seem to change.

Also, I'm fitting a bubble tester for the first time on one of my boats - is it sensible to go belt-and-braces and have a manometer point as well?

I'm confident of doing the work – just want to get it right first time.

6 minutes ago, starman said:

I'm plumbing in an entirely new built-in oven and hob  set-up with a new gas line too. I have the BSS Guide but am still somewhat unsure how to interpret what it requires. Chief query is how the final pipework and connections to built-in appliances can be accessible for inspection as required. The  Guide also says that 'Hob/oven arrangements may be deemed one appliance'  for the purposes of having a local isolation valve - so just a single shut off valve then a Tee to the two appliances is okay? And rigid or flexible final connections? I've used both in the past but rules and interpretations seem to change.

Also, I'm fitting a bubble tester for the first time on one of my boats - is it sensible to go belt-and-braces and have a manometer point as well?

I'm confident of doing the work – just want to get it right first time.

I would just do it as you did before on H . With longer flexible hose on the oven that will allow it to be pulled out for inspection if they what to. By the way which oven did you go for? Won’t be as good the belling that’s for sure. Good luck. Most of all be safe ???

2 hours ago, Jon57 said:

I would just do it as you did before on H . With longer flexible hose on the oven that will allow it to be pulled out for inspection if they what to. By the way which oven did you go for? Won’t be as good the belling that’s for sure. Good luck. Most of all be safe ???

Trouble is that’s  a while ago now and I can’t really remember well enough how I did it ?
The oven is a Baumatic - a secondhand snip, virtually unused. Don’t get many boating bargains!.

Happy new year to you - stay safe (and warm!)

Our Baumatic oven is plumbed in with copper. The pipe is spiralled so that the over can be pulled out for (dis)connection. Probably not a good idea to do that often for BSS inspections so the access to see the connection can be achieved by removing the cutlery draw underneath and using a mirror. I think the inspector just wants to check for the minimum number of connections, and no soldered joints.