Webasto heating

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, River otter said:

Webasto top c running very rich. Radiators are not getting very hot.

Is it that you want help, or someones details so they can come and repair, or a local authorised agent to buy a new one??

If 1...

There are a couple of Webasto threads in the last few weeks with lots of helpful advice and fault finding info.

27 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Engineers are people who have degrees in engineering so that means they can write about it. It does not mean that they can do it.

And Engineers are normally very detailed, pedantic and specific people, maybe he is not a 'very good engineer' as saying :

19 hours ago, River otter said:

Maybe specific on the problem, but certainly doesn't (to me) seem to specifically ask any question, or require any help.

I don't understand the question either. Mainly because I don't feel "running rich" in the context of a Webasto means anything unless he has had a CO meter up the exhaust.

I would want to know the symptoms he is seeing, hearing and sensing plus a time component (how long run for) rather than is interpretation of the symptoms.

One explanation might be that it failed to start a few times and when it did it produced "smoke" as it burned off any excess fuel in the burner and exhaust so he shut t down before it had a chance to get the water up to temperature. Note, just oen possible explanation, not a diagnosis based on sufficient facts.

21 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Perhaps we will never know,  not been back since the statement made.

Well, it wasn't really a question so much as a status report...

20 hours ago, River otter said:

Perhaps we missed the "Mayday, Mayday, Mayday"?

Anyway, there's no boats on the River Otter as far as I'm aware, so it might be a spoof. Or a Devon lorry driver who ticked the 'luxury heating' option and got a cab radiator?