Coronavirus: Spending lockdown on board a narrowboat

Chris Lowe

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I really can't be bothered watching them, often its like watching paint dry

I agree I don't watch ,many of these podcasts as they do tend to be boring.

They are no one we know on here then?

Edited by buccaneer66

sigh, you don’t watch a podcast, you listen to it.

other youtube types are starting to venture into this now, particularly those who don’t know how to behave with cows and their dogs in the countryside and got a lot of negative comments about it.

They say they're moored near Market Bosworth. I wonder where they found that wide lock in that area.

They say they were hitch-hiking around Europe for years and came back home and bought a narrowboat. So I also wonder what they use for money.

2 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

Soweeee. 

There's no need to apologise. Your opinion may not be popular with all, but this is a discussion forum, so you're perfectly entitled to express it. 

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

They say they're moored near Market Bosworth. I wonder where they found that wide lock in that area.

They say they were hitch-hiking around Europe for years and came back home and bought a narrowboat. So I also wonder what they use for money.

Probably earned it the same as most others do.

Even in Europe, people are paid for a days work.

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

There's no need to apologise. Your opinion may not be popular with all, but this is a discussion forum, so you're perfectly entitled to express it. 

Apology? That was an exasperated sigh fella.

Oh I get it, you were attempting to express humour. 

• Unimpressed 1

12 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

Probably earned it the same as most others do.

Even in Europe, people are paid for a days work.

Apology? That was an exasperated sigh fella.

Oh I get it, you were attempting to express humour. 

Why "EVEN in Europe"? But they did not mention having worked their way around Europe.

No, you do not "get it" I was being serious and replying politely to your post..

29 minutes ago, matty40s said:

"Its quite primal...You have to light the fire every morning as it's cold......."

Keep the bloody thing in overnight then.

Wait until the toilet system goes wrong...That's when it gets PRIMAL!.?

• Haha 1

Think of podcasts and YouTube like being in the pub while someone tells you what is what according to them. Sometimes it’s interesting, sometimes it’s wrong, sometimes it’s infuriating you can listen or not across the bar but as soon as they ask me contribute money/buy them a beer so I can keep listening to it I turn away. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

More newbies who haven't got a clue telling everyone about "the lifestyle". There are so many of them on YouTube. 

I couldn't even be bothered to watch the bbc report. I've seen it all before.

The most recent cold winter was 2010 as I am sure you will recall. Anyone who is new enough to have only moved aboard as recently as 2011 will get a shock next time that happens. Perhaps one of us on the forum who actualy have some live aboard experience should do a vloggy bloggy poddy thingy and enlighten Joe Public to the realities of life aboard?

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

The most recent cold winter was 2010 as I am sure you will recall. Anyone who is new enough to have only moved aboard as recently as 2011 will get a shock next time that happens. Perhaps one of us on the forum who actualy have some live aboard experience should do a vloggy bloggy poddy thingy and enlighten Joe Public to the realities of life aboard?

Kerosene powered bubble stove with backboiler cosy with no issues whatsoever 

6 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Go for it, you said you could do a web site, easy peasy

1 minute ago, peterboat said:

Kerosene powered bubble stove with backboiler cosy with no issues whatsoever 

Yeah we waz toasty wiv mi squirrel. We were on leccy hook up, it had just been instaled that year at Thrupp for us whimps!!

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

Go for it, you said you could do a web site, easy peasy

Lol, I would just be another boring phaart doing what we have all done before. I spose the difference would be I would be a boring OLD phaart rather than the present flock of boring YOUNG phaarts ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

That was my first winter aboard... learnt a lot but did question my sanity at the time. Still at it, but now with the luxury of a winter mooring and shore power.

• Greenie 1