Jonathan Wilson

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, frangar said:

I think so too. Think my boat was built at hoo mill lock on the T & M...I know the fit out was done in Stone. 

Idleness was built at Hoo Mill Lock so I suspect your was as well. I am trying to remember who did the BC on Idleness, the name Richard Wilmington seems to ring a bell.

It's moored back there now, I won't comment on the new paint job.

1 minute ago, Loddon said:

Idleness was built at Hoo Mill Lock so I suspect your was as well. I am trying to remember who did the BC on Idleness, the name Richard Wilmington seems to ring a bell.

It's moored back there now, I won't comment on the new paint job.

I think someone working for Mike did my Back Cabin too...and Canal Cruising fitted the engine....the owner did the rest of the fit out...Ill gloss over the chap that died on the roof of the boat as It came out of Stone dry dock at one point.......

• 1 month later...

just noticed their website has been updated.

previously it had the "Tyler Wilson - beautifully crafted boats" masthead and then "Tim Tyler Boatbuilders Ltd. & Jonathan Wilson Boatbuilders Ltd." underneath.

it now has the "Tyler Wilson - beautifully crafted boats" masthead and then "Tim Tyler Boats Ltd. & Louis Wilson Boats Ltd." underneath.

this may mean something to those with more knowledge of company reshuffles, i just hope they keep going as i really like their shells.

2 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

this may mean something to those with more knowledge of company reshuffles, i just hope they keep going as i really like their shells.

They will still be going and are still building. What I can gather Tim and Johnathan are just going their separate ways and are both still building. No bust up, fall out or anything like that. Louis is Jonathan’s son and is carrying on the family tradition and business as usual.

• Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

They will still be going and are still building. What I can gather Tim and Johnathan are just going their separate ways and are both still building. No bust up, fall out or anything like that. Louis is Jonathan’s son and is carrying on the family tradition and business as usual.

Jonny has supposedly moved to Thorne or that was the p;an months ago, Louis took over the company in Sheffield.

• 1 year later...
On 26/12/2020 at 22:15, Tracy D'arth said:

I understand that Mike Heywood died several years ago.

Correct, Mike is dead.

Another older thread, sorry.

Mike was a pretty prolific hull builder back in the day, he taught many of those around today. I knew him in the 80's to, not well, but business wise.

They had a clever accountant shuffling companies around.

• Greenie 1