Map of all Marinas?

John Lewis

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

Was just wondering is there a way to discover or see an overall map of the marinas along the waterways.

Ive got three different web pages up trying to see the layout of roads / canals / and marinas...

Cheers

I don't think such a thing exists. At least one that focuses exclusively on marinas doesn't.

Individual companies that have more than one marina will have them for their own but one that covers them all doesn't exist.

Unless somebody knows different.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inland+marinas+uk

The map view that appears at the top of the results shows many of them.

If you only want marinas that works, but if you want all types of mooring they probably are not available online.  

If you give us a bit more information about what you are trying to do we might be able to help more.

Add: https://www.google.com/maps/search/inland+marinas+uk is where you end up.  You'll need to use the "Search this area" button often as you change zoom and pan around.

Edited by TheBiscuits
Add a bit

thanks a lot,

ya, well I was thinking somewhere along the Trent toward Mercia would bee nice,

but I'd need electric.

But looking now, Id prob head further on toward Frdaleys too, as Id like to be close to a mainline train to London.

Cheers

Edited by John Lewis

18 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

thanks a lot,

ya, well I was thinking somewhere along the Trent toward Mercia would bee nice,

but I'd need electric.

But looking now, Id prob head further on toward Frdaleys too, as Id like to be close to a mainline train to London.

Cheers

Kings Bromley? near Fradley. Litchfield railway station not too far away.

Kings Bromley | Castle Marinas

There is also this:

Waterways World : Boating Marketplace: Marinas

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 1

On 26/12/2020 at 14:10, Ray T said:

Kings Bromley? near Fradley. Litchfield railway station not too far away.

Kings Bromley | Castle Marinas

There is also this:

Waterways World : Boating Marketplace: Marinas

Had a quote from Kings Bromley, very different to others. Extras based on usage for elsan and lighting around berths/walkways. Could have been tempted if I had a rebate on the lighting and used a torch?

55 minutes ago, haggis said:

Streethay is within walking distance of a station. Can't remember the name but it is not the main Lichfield one.

Haggis

According to Mr Google, Lichfield Trent Valley railway station is situated 1 mile southwest of Streethay Wharf.

Is that the one?

Howard

On 26/12/2020 at 11:57, John Lewis said:

Was just wondering is there a way to discover or see an overall map of the marinas along the waterways.

Ive got three different web pages up trying to see the layout of roads / canals / and marinas...

Cheers

The waterways world annual includes a guide to moorings:

Waterways World Annual

The CRT moorings website lists their moorings:

Waterside Moorings

Tim