Water pump micro switch

Jim Wortelhock

Featured Posts

The micro switch on my Jabsco Par Max3 recently started to play up. Last Christmas it was the Shurflo on my motorhome.  Why always at this time of year?

A frantic online search finaly got me a spare thankfully.  

How many people end up changing the whole pump at huge expense  when a far cheaper solution is screwing on a new switch? Pumps are generally very durable and give lengthy service. The micro switches work hard. Maybe worth carrying a spare?

9 minutes ago, Jim Wortelhock said:

The micro switch on my Jabsco Par Max3 recently started to play up. Last Christmas it was the Shurflo on my motorhome.  Why always at this time of year?

A frantic online search finaly got me a spare thankfully.  

How many people end up changing the whole pump at huge expense  when a far cheaper solution is screwing on a new switch? Pumps are generally very durable and give lengthy service. The micro switches work hard. Maybe worth carrying a spare?

Not me, the switches are so unreliable I fit a remote switch like a Square D. They will outlast loads of pumps and its easy to set the cut in and cut out pressure without invalidation the pump warrantee.

49 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not me, the switches are so unreliable I fit a remote switch like a Square D. They will outlast loads of pumps and its easy to set the cut in and cut out pressure without invalidation the pump warrantee.

I agree.  The switches are unreliable and grossly overpriced. 20 quid plus for mine. With the Shurflo you can buy the switch itself,  minus the housing,  from electrical wholesalers for peanuts. 

Jabsco and Shurflos funnily enough ate both manufactured in Mexico.