Happy Christmas everyone!

haggis

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Jerra said:

When people post in languages not understood by the majority could they please be courteous enough to post a translation.    Faffing around with a translation website should not be necessary just to read a forum which is supposedly open to all.

Je suis tout a fait d'accord avec vous.

(= yeah).:D

13 hours ago, dor said:

Some years ago Tomorrow’s World talked about video calling.  Imagine if anyone had said that you could carry out a high definition video conversation in real time, from nearly anywhere in the World, on you phone, ....... for free!

FTFY

Seasons greetings to one and all - may your 2021 cruising be continuous, lock gates be leak free and closures (whether breach, flood or vandalism) unheard of.

And let's all try and be nice to each other - whatever the size and condition of our boat (or even if we own one), we share a common interest in waterways.

• Greenie 3

38 minutes ago, JJPHG said:

Just ending here but Merry Xmas from the warmer side of the world (still doesn’t feel ‘right’ even after 15 years).

I remember, in 1981, spending Christmas Day on the beach in Tauranga across in New Zealand, so I know what you mean: it was lovely, but somehow to me it wasn't Christmassy.

I hope that some of us will spare a thought today for formerly prolific and popular posters whom we haven't seen lately. I'm thinking, for example, of Mike The Boilerman, Alan Fincher, Cart T. and Para Handy, and I'm sure that other members could mention others that I've missed out. Wherever they are, I hope they're enjoying Christmas.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I remember, in 1981, spending Christmas Day on the beach in Tauranga across in New Zealand, so I know what you mean: it was lovely, but somehow to me it wasn't Christmassy.

I hope that some of us will spare a thought today for formerly prolific and popular posters whom we haven't seen lately. I'm thinking, for example, of Mike The Boilerman, Alan Fincher, Cart T. and Para Handy, and I'm sure that other members could mention others that I've missed out. Wherever they are, I hope they're enjoying Christmas.

Agreed

A big happy Christmas, and Good Pagan tidings to those who celebrate something different,  from Kathy and myself after this crap year that stopped  being fun in March. 

Cant wait to get back into our Tier2 boat for the last few hours before we transmorgify into T3 whilst asleep.

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

8 hours ago, Athy said:

I spent Xmas 1985 in the desert in Oman. Yes it was hot, but the British and other European expats were still doing the normal Christmas things. In the run up, the shops were selling cards with snowmen and holly etc. which all looked very incongruous, and some enterprising soul had imported a load of Norway Spruce trees which he was selling to expat families at exorbitant prices. I was working with a German contractor, so we had our main meal on Christmas Eve. I then spent a hungover Christmas Day driving 100 miles to the capital, Muscat, and going to the office, which was the only place I could make an international phone call home to greet the family back in Blighty.

• Greenie 2