Happy Christmas everyone!

haggis

Featured Posts

Thank you, Haggis, and a happy Christmas to you and to all CWDFers.

May I also compliment you on your choice of adjective - in this context "merry" always, to me at any rate, implies forced jollity. "Happy" suggests a more honest emotion - though it is not impossible that I'll get a bit merry at some point during the holidays!

Posted on the other Christmas thread so I shall post here too.

A peaceful Christmas to all, may you all continue to ride out the storm that this year has been,  and raise your glass to those not so fortunate. 

Wishing you all warmth, happiness, and a very good dinner!

Well it certainly is going to be different this year!

A very happy holiday to everyone.  For the first time we will have no family visits this season.  Nearly a year since I last saw no 2 family grandchildren (and their parents) in the flesh.  Thank goodness for Skype and Zoom.  
 It wasn’t long ago that we were saying the same thing about email; nearly instant compared to the post which could take several days. When my wife’s grand parents went to Australia in the ‘30s a letter took 6 weeks to three months!   We should be very grateful for modern communication technology.  What will it be like in another couple of years?

Some years ago Tomorrow’s World talked about video calling.  Imagine if anyone had said that you could carry out a high definition video conversation in real time, from nearly anywhere in the country, on you phone, ....... for free!

Have a great time every one.

Christmas Day has now dawned "downunder" and almost all is well.

But the incredibly difficult situation in most of the rest of the world still happens our spirits but we take heart that the incredible work by medical scientists shows a way forward. We must also thank all those frontline medical staff, and frontline staff in so many other occupations who at considerable risk to themselves have reduced the potential damage, some paying the ultimate price.

We mourn those lives, and livelihoods lost. 

So take care of yourselves, continue to look after others, it has never been so important, cherish what you have got, infact enjoy the day as best you can.

Better times, much better times are coming.

Best wishes.

Don and Val

• Greenie 1

52 minutes ago, dor said:

Imagine if anyone had said that you could carry out a high definition video conversation in real time, from nearly anywhere in the country, on you phone, ....... for free!

That's a better phone plan than I'm on ... 

:D

Season's Greetings to all.

27 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

Nadolig Llawen yn wir.

When people post in languages not understood by the majority could they please be courteous enough to post a translation.    Faffing around with a translation website should not be necessary just to read a forum which is supposedly open to all.

11 minutes ago, Jerra said:

When people post in languages not understood by the majority could they please be courteous enough to post a translation.    Faffing around with a translation website should not be necessary just to read a forum which is supposedly open to all.

My Welsh may not be great but it’s not hard to work out, and is just a appropriate setement.  The same to everyone, and hoping for a better next year.