Now is the time to refuse your consent to the proposed new CRT Boat Licence Terms and Conditions

noone

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes I've read that before.

Thanks. It didn't change my opinion.

Besides I don't think the Act in question was drawn up to address a bit of inter UK rivalry /leg pulling/banter any more than it was to prevent A french person in the UK referring to us as 'rostbif'.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

It would seem that the CAB would disgree with your opinion.

So what?

When was the last time somebody was prosecuted for being rude to a Welsh person on the basis they are 'typically Welsh'?

As I said, I don't think the Act in question was drawn up to address a bit of inter UK rivalry /leg pulling/banter any more than it was to prevent A french person in the UK referring to us as 'rostbif'.

1 minute ago, Loddon said:

Your opinion is irrelevant to anyone but you.

I know several people who would disagree with you.

I guess though you have got bored in the politics section making yourself look a chump so you thought you'd try and start a fight here.

No chance.

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

So what?

When was the last time somebody was prosecuted for being rude to a Welsh person on the basis they are 'typically Welsh'?

As I said, I don't think the Act in question was drawn up to address a bit of inter UK rivalry /leg pulling/banter any more than it was to prevent A french person in the UK referring to us as 'rostbif'.

I know several people who would disagree with you.

I guess though you have got bored in the politics section making yourself look a chump so you thought you'd try and start a fight here.

No chance.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/people-offend-abuse-another-without-130125114.html

It's legal!.

1 hour ago, Leggers do it lying down said:

F.Y.I.

*Now is the time to refuse your consent to the proposed new CRT Boat Licence Terms and Conditions*

Now that the CRT consultation on changes to the Boat Licence Terms and Conditions has ended, please take part in the next stage of the campaign to stop CRT bringing in these unlawful, unreasonable and excessive changes. Please email CRT’s Chief Executive - richard.parry@canalrivertrust.org.uk and copy it to customer.feedback@canalrivertrust.org.uk - with the following message:

Dear Mr Parry, I do not understand, consent to or accept the proposed changes to the Canal & River Trust Boat Licence Terms and Conditions that were set out in the consultation held between September and December 2020. Yours sincerely …..

You can send a letter to Richard Parry, Chief Executive, Canal & River Trust, First Floor North,
Station House, 500 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes MK9 1BB.

Thank you. The NBTA has made a formal complaint objecting to the proposals and setting out the reasons why the proposals are unlawful, unreasonable or excessive, which we will publish shortly.

I say old sport, if you quote the " Never bloody travel association " ya lose credibility. Without reading thousands of words on the subject just what is it that CART are changing that makes the already easy to comply with rules hard to comply with? My licence is due next munff ?

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Leggers do it lying down said:

F.Y.I.

*Now is the time to refuse your consent to the proposed new CRT Boat Licence Terms and Conditions*

Now that the CRT consultation on changes to the Boat Licence Terms and Conditions has ended, please take part in the next stage of the campaign to stop CRT bringing in these unlawful, unreasonable and excessive changes. Please email CRT’s Chief Executive - richard.parry@canalrivertrust.org.uk and copy it to customer.feedback@canalrivertrust.org.uk - with the following message:

Dear Mr Parry, I do not understand, consent to or accept the proposed changes to the Canal & River Trust Boat Licence Terms and Conditions that were set out in the consultation held between September and December 2020. Yours sincerely …..

You can send a letter to Richard Parry, Chief Executive, Canal & River Trust, First Floor North,
Station House, 500 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes MK9 1BB.

Thank you. The NBTA has made a formal complaint objecting to the proposals and setting out the reasons why the proposals are unlawful, unreasonable or excessive, which we will publish shortly.

It seems a bit contradictory to claim that you do not understand the proposed changes and then claim that they are unlawful etc.

• Greenie 1

Just now, mrsmelly said:

I say old sport, if you quote the " Never bloody travel association " ya lose credibility. Without reading thousands of words on the subject just what is it that CART are changing that makes the already easy to comply with rules hard to comply with? My licence is due next munff ?

I neither have,nor want credibility! ??  Just posting for informational purposes.?

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

I say old sport, you might help yourself by learning to spell and improving your writing skills.

31 minutes ago, pete.i said:

How racist. Not that the mods on here will do anything about it.

"The mods" have, at least this one has. I noted the comment, but also that one of our members who is Welsh gave it a laughing reaction, showing that he was not offended.

I therefore decided that no action need be taken.

Just now, Jon johan said:

I say old sport, you might help yourself by learning to spell and improving your writing skills.

The problem many of us have with very very very very recently formed clubs such as the NBTA, they do seem to have many members who dont comply with the very very very easy to comply with CART rules and oft moan about them. Just sayin like.

3 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

Pretty pathetic form to mock someone's spelling and grammar.

It also leads to yourself having to ensure yours is impeccable and beyond reproach.

17 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

He was taking the pee, and I returned the favour. Let’s not get melodramatic eh.

I would suggest that if you want any support from this forum you cut out the sarkie comments and blatant rudeness, which you have so far shown, and try answering the questions raised, preferably in your own words and not just cutting and pasting sections of inaccurate information from a group that have previously not had a good relationship with this Forum, and have been proved wrong on many occasions, by people with much more knowledge. (posts 4 & 8 again!)

Edited by Graham Davis
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

I would suggest that if you want any support from this forum you cut out the sarkie comments and blatant rudeness, which you have so far shown, and try answering the questions raised, preferably in your own words and not just cutting and pasting sections of inaccurate information from a group that have previously not had a good relationship with this Forum, and have been proved wrong on many occasions, by people with much more knowledge. (posts 4 & 8 again!)

Wanting support from this forum? I think not. Get over yourself fella. ???

• Unimpressed 1

1 hour ago, Jon johan said:

NABO have produced a good document that I suspect will answer your request. I quote it below for you.

Oh dear - that's quite an uninspiring read, isn't it? Sadly, I expect only the most interested of NABO members will have the will and stamina to read and digest all of that. However, I did scan it but didn't see much that might cause me to write to Mr Parry. For those of us currently less disturbed by the proposal, what's the key objection which might inspire us to lend our support to NABO?

• Greenie 2

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Oh dear - that's quite an uninspiring read, isn't it? Sadly, I expect only the most interested of NABO members will have the will and stamina to read and digest all of that. However, I did scan it but didn't see much that might cause me to write to Mr Parry. For those of us currently less disturbed by the proposal, what's the key objection which might inspire us to lend our support to NABO?

Your last sentence is funny, considering your first states you only scanned it. 
Sighs..

• Unimpressed 1

2 hours ago, Jon johan said:

T&C’s cannot override legislation.

Well, where's your problem? You agree to the T&Cs, get your licence and then happily break the ones that you believe are unlawful.  As unreasonable or illegal T&Cs are unenforceable in law (as has been proved many times), CRT can obviously take no action against you.

Your argument is essentially that the T&Cs don't matter, all that matters is the 3 conditions,  so why make a big deal of it?

However, assuming you have a boat, I'll be interested in how you get on, so please keep us informed. If you could let us know when your licence renewal is due, I'll keep an eye out for the update.

Edited by Arthur Marshall
Weird repetition of post
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

Your last sentence is funny, considering your first states you only scanned it. 
Sighs..

It wasn't intended to be funny - I scanned the NABO document you provided the first time I asked what the issue was, but nothing stood out to me that might inspire me to study it more deeply, let alone be outraged enough to complain to CRT. Therefore I re-asked my question so that you might have the opportunity to point out what important issue I'd missed or tell me why you think CRT's proposal should be opposed.  If you feel strongly enough to post asking others to write to Mr Parry in support of your views, surely it's not too much to explain why?

Sadly, this thread seems to have degenerated since I asked the simple question, so perhaps the opportunity to gain a simple answer has been lost.

• Greenie 2

I must admit that as an ex-liveaboard and now leisure cruiser I did have a good look at the changes when they were published and couldn't see much to get aerated about. I don't much like the increase in regulations, nor the online booking systems, but waterway usage has changed considerably over the last fifty years and something needs to be done. There's no prospect of legislative change (Govt may have more important stuff on their minds) so this is possibly the right way to do it.

I go along with SeaDog above - someone should please explain the nasty bits in simple terms. What are you being stopped doing that you have the right to do?

• Greenie 3

The only issue I can see to get 'aerated' about is the dimension changes.

C&RTs wording would appear that they reserve the right to amend the dimensions of the canals, which is illegal under the 1968 Act. Canals must be maintained such that they continue to be usable by boats that could have used them in 1968.

What C&RT need to do is restrict which canals can be accessed by 'Widebeams', this cannot be done by licencing as once licenced the bot is free to go anywhere.

What needs to be done is for 'narrows' (chicane) to be installed on canals that only allows boats of suitable dimensions access.

• Greenie 2

49 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

Wanting support from this forum? I think not. Get over yourself fella. ???

You really do have an attitude problem, don't you?
So if you don't want any members of this Forum to support the NBTA why have you bothered to post on here? Because at the moment all you are doing is antagonising people and not gaining any support at all.