DC-DC Converter

Featured Posts

Just to point out that shorting the Adverc (green) fly-lead to negative and getting that high voltage does rather tends to indicate the alternator and thus the brushes are OK.  That means that for some reason the Adverc is not taking control by shorting out the inbuilt regulator. Why I gave no idea but if all the other connections, and the thermistor  check out as OK the Adverc itself is the most likely problem.

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Fault tracing is all about testing stuff and proving it works,

Right I'll have a look at the brushes but the other day when I shorted the green wire to ground there was loads of power going through

1 hour ago, davidb said:

Right I'll have a look at the brushes but the other day when I shorted the green wire to ground there was loads of power going through

Brushes are probably fine from what you say, but always remember, you are looking for something unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, MtB said:

Brushes are probably fine from what you say, but always remember, you are looking for something unlikely. 

Indeed. My Thermistor checked out fine with a calibrated fluke meter….until you moved it in a certain way just a fraction….when the engine was running it seems the vibration was just enough to cause the same fault…which even Adverc hadn’t thought of as apparently they usually just fail…£1.60 of new component and 10 mins of soldering & heatshrink and all was better.