Flu to chimney query

Karl

Featured Posts

So after removing my Flu because it was leaking I’ve replaced all the fire seal at the collar and even raised the stove slightly as the flu was sitting level with the top of the casing on the roof just and all the condensation was then going down the outside of the flu into the boat.

Anyway my next issue is this. I have purchased a double skin chimney as a posed to the single skin one fitted before. But is the inner skin of the chimney supposed to go slightly in side the flu when fitted or just butt up to it. It looks like the inner skin of the xhimney and the flu are the same diameter so they won’t join together. 

When I fit 5he chimney to the roof I can feel the inner skin touch the flu but won’t go in or over it. Maybe it just needs adjusting. Not sure if this is right !

kind regards.

The chimney liner is supposed to go into the flue pipe. It should be longer than the outer of the chimney. It may be a piece of pipe or it may just be a rolled up sheet formed into a tube with an un-welded seam so that you can tighten the roll a little  to reduce the diameter.

If it is tube and too large a diameter but long enough you could try cutting sipes into the inner at the bottom end about 15mm apart to allow the segments to be bent in wards a little to reduce the pipe diameter slightly.

33 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

The chimney liner is supposed to go into the flue pipe. It should be longer than the outer of the chimney. It may be a piece of pipe or it may just be a rolled up sheet formed into a tube with an un-welded seam so that you can tighten the roll a little  to reduce the diameter.

If it is tube and too large a diameter but long enough you could try cutting sipes into the inner at the bottom end about 15mm apart to allow the segments to be bent in wards a little to reduce the pipe diameter slightly.

Brilliant, many thanks.