Hero or fool

Jerra

Featured Posts

Neither - though love can make fools of us all.

It is good to know that we are still producing Great British Eccentrics, previously thought to be an endangered species, though some survive in reserves on our inland waterways.

As far as I could say, the article didn't say how long he'd been sent to prison for. I hope it's not long - he could be at risk of catching corona virus in there

Edited by Athy

11 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

People like that won us the empire. 

He thought it would take 40 minutes, so, in view of a history of cavalry charges into the face of machine gun fire and other glorious examples of stout British forward planning (see this Christmas), you're probably right!

As it was reported that he can't swim either, its a sad accident of happenstance that he neither ran out of fuel nor fell off because no one knew he was there.

It would save society of taking care of another silly fool who has no morals or sense.

The Darwin awards await.........................

Total condemnation at all levels. 

Mind you, having watched the news over the past hour it looks like I (and many others) are in a similar position. The main difference is that with the I O M infection rate he's in a somewhat safer place.  ?

42 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

Well I would slap him

That's better!  Me too ...

Never been out on a personal watercraft before, took 4 hours to do what he "thought" was a 20 minute trip on the Irish Sea in December.  Got into port running on fumes so nearly had to swim.

He's bloody lucky to have survived to be jailed, but at least they didn't have to scramble a lifeboat for him.

Now its just that sort of behaviour that kindles just the tiniest spark of pride in being British in this dreary swamp of doing what we are told, observing all the rules, being registered for this that and the other, being watched by cameras and generally being turned into automatons. Top bloke as the young people say.

16 minutes ago, Bee said:

Now its just that sort of behaviour that kindles just the tiniest spark of pride in being British in this dreary swamp of doing what we are told, observing all the rules, being registered for this that and the other, being watched by cameras and generally being turned into automatons. Top bloke as the young people say.

Mad lad!!!... respek!!!

Edited by restlessnomad

The problem is that people can do this sort of stuff in the UK in full knowledge that the RNLI and the crews of the S&R choppers will risk themselves to pick you up if it goes belly up.

Perhaps it's time to let a couple perish?

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

The problem is that people can do this sort of stuff in the UK in full knowledge that the RNLI and the crews of the S&R choppers will risk themselves to pick you up if it goes belly up.

Perhaps it's time to let a couple perish?

I don't think he told anybody what he intended to do. As for the RNLI and S&R people I would imagine every shout is counted as valuable training.