Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, matty40s said:

That's the current advice, not the Lockdown2 advice, and certainly not Lockdown 1 advice, which was DON'T move unless you absolutely have to...water, services, health etc.

Yes. And that’s because there currently isn’t a lockdown. There are some tiers with different levels of restrictions, but that is not a lockdown.

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Yes. And that’s because there currently isn’t a lockdown. There are some tiers with different levels of restrictions, but that is not a lockdown.

I think that was a reference to the accusation that they 'gamed' or 'played' the 'rules' during lockdown 1.

From memory they moved Silver Fox in a continuous journey to get essential supplies and water rather than mooring, going to get those and then returning.

Some people got heir knickers in a twist over them doing this,

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

I think that was a reference to the accusation that they 'gamed' or 'played' the 'rules' during lockdown 1.

From memory they moved Silver Fox in a continuous journey to get essential supplies and water rather than mooring, going to get those and then returning.

It obviously worked for them - right up to the point they both caught the virus!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

It obviously worked for them - right up to the point they both caught the virus!

I don't believe they both caught it during the first lockdown.

So I don't understand why that is a valid criticism. They caught it relatively recently doing what as far as I can see what millions of other people are doing, getting on with their lives as best they can.

The tweet about Shaun being in hospital with Covid is dated 14th of last month. I know they work with a time lag between recording and posting on YouTube but it's not that many months behind.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

a lot of youtube vlogger will consider that as god send opportunity to get more views... not sure foxes afloat milked a few episode out of it or not... 

Edited by restlessnomad

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Yes maybe, but the thread subject is about what they are doing now, which as far as I can tell is the within the rules.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

That's the current advice, not the Lockdown2 advice, and certainly not Lockdown 1 advice, which was DON'T move unless you absolutely have to...water, services, health etc.

I know, that's why I posted it ( the header being: "updated on 2nd December".  Isn't the thread related to current movement?

Edited by rgreg

43 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I don't believe they both caught it during the first lockdown.

So I don't understand why that is a valid criticism. They caught it relatively recently doing what as far as I can see what millions of other people are doing, getting on with their lives as best they can.

The tweet about Shaun being in hospital with Covid is dated 14th of last month. I know they work with a time lag between recording and posting on YouTube but it's not that many months behind.

The last two vlogs make it clear that there was at least a month between them and the previous one, filmed just after Shaun had been admitted to hospital. During that time Shaun's dad passed away, according to the latest postings. 

Their high quality films, with a far better presentation skill than many, many others, do seem to generate unnecessarily virulent diatribes that are clearly unrelated to their film content. Perhaps folk should say why they are so adversarial.

FWIW, I generally enjoy their postings very much.

• Greenie 3

7 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

The last two vlogs make it clear that there was at least a month between them and the previous one, filmed just after Shaun had been admitted to hospital. During that time Shaun's dad passed away, according to the latest postings. 

Their high quality films, with a far better presentation skill than many, many others, do seem to generate unnecessarily virulent diatribes that are clearly unrelated to their film content. Perhaps folk should say why they are so adversarial.

FWIW, I generally enjoy their postings very much.

One could hazard a guess......

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

One could hazard a guess......

Is it that they’re misogynists? Never see their wives in the vlogs. Must be shut inside the boat cooking dinner.

To be honest I think it’s probably more to do with the fact that the current situation is heaven sent for people who have an unhealthy interest with what other people are doing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

Perhaps folk should say why they are so adversarial.

There is a difference between adversarial and criticising their Lockdown 1 actions, again, I enjoy their content.

99.9% of people across the country followed the restrictions , regulations and guidance....at least up until Cummings went for his eye test at Specsavers Barnard Castle branch. We all sacrificed our freedom and leisure activities to protect the NHS and save lives. The boys didnt.

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 1

14 hours ago, matty40s said:

Look at the recent video when they left Braunston heading North.....they have a film crew with them, someone else but them was steering, and all of a sudden it changed to them again.

They have been interacting with plenty of people to do their new Amazon project.

Would that be considered working

16 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

But would that be any safer

I wonder how they caught the bug, they both seem past the age of illegal raves, and as there is nowhere to visit if in a   T3, was it while shopping? They were at or near the services, not sure if they were using communal facilities. 

I am using grocery deliveries at the moment, rubber gloves and mask at elsan, it might be ott, but I'm looking after number one. 

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I wonder how they caught the bug, they both seem past the age of illegal raves, and as there is nowhere to visit if in a   T3, was it while shopping? They were at or near the services, not sure if they were using communal facilities. 

I am using grocery deliveries at the moment, rubber gloves and mask at elsan, it might be ott, but I'm looking after number one. 

Wise post, good news that somebody other than us has a functioning brain. Heep safe.

L

22 minutes ago, LadyG said:

We are still getting deliveries too for 99% of our shopping.

We also (still) wipe each item down with anti-bac wipes before putting it away.

Visits to shops are rare and only if we run out of something that we really need.

Considering our shopping delivery items will have been handled by those transporting them to the shop, the store pickers and the delivery drivers there is still a small risk of covid contamination.

We also either quarantine other delivery items for 72 hours or wipe them down too.

Probably over the top but it doesn't cost much time to do and it's just become routine now for us..

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

How long ago did they contact it?

If you have watched the vlog three back when Colin first reported that Shaun had just been taken to hospital you will realise that at least a month before they set off from Eturia. I think he said that they first felt unwell as they were making their way up from Stone but it was at Etruria that the ambulance was called.

To others, I would say that I suspect that both of them, Colin especially, will think very carefully about how they respond to COVID-19 rules and advice - perhaps even bordering on obsessively. They may get it wrong (even Cummings was not sacked because he made such a mistake) but not in the way that some have imputed.

I’ve not watched their vlog, but I work making tv and was amazed to be told that during all the lock downs “tv was considered key workers” so we were able to keep making shows that were possible during lockdowns, mainly quizzes and chat shows with no audience. So if they have an actual crew with them then it will have permission. I thought it was ridiculous, there’s been so many outbreaks in tv land that have been suppressed as people need their strictly or eastenders to watch. Some one even said to me that we were being clapped for on Thursdays! I don’t agree but as I said if they have a crew and it’s for broadcast that generates income then it would be permitted.