Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Their videos are put on YouTube long after they are made so it's not really relevant as to when they are published as to where they are.

@PD1964 seems to have a rather un healthy obsession with people who vlog on YouTube.

Oh and if you breach my personal info again I will report it again and request it is removed again.

Well MJG or Doghouse or what other names your using on here, for your info I like these guys and their Vlogs. I just don’t understand why they would go cruising at a time when everyone is staying put especially in a Tier 3 area, when the advice is to minimise travel in these areas. I take it you follow these to get your non-boater fix.

1 minute ago, Cas446 said:

Responsible, two guys making a living. The only canal boating vlog that doesn't make me cringe, enjoy watching them.

Agree one of the better Vlogs, I just hope they keep safe and just don’t understand why they have to cruise at this time of uncertainty.

1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

Well MJG or Doghouse or what other names your using on here, for your info I like these guys and their Vlogs. I just don’t understand why they would go cruising at a time when everyone is staying put especially in a Tier 3 area, when the advice is to minimise travel in these areas. I take it you follow these to get your non-boater fix.

Agree one of the better Vlogs, I just hope they keep safe and just don’t understand why they have to cruise at this time of uncertainty.

Well at least you didn't visit my daughter's Facebook page to download a cherished picture of myself and my granddaughter to use as your avatar picture this time. 

I mean what kind of sick individual would do that to point score on an internet forum?

Really?? Sick.

My previous names are old news BTW.

I also enjoy their Vlogs, good entertainment, and looking at the trees when they came past us, at least 5 or 6 weeks behind actual time.

I only noticed how far they had moved during the first lockdown when they made the Thames...looked back, and they were taking the pi££ big time.......but its alright, they are media and providing a service...

3 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Well at least you didn't visit my daughter's Facebook page to download a cherished picture of myself and my granddaughter to use as your avatar picture this time. 

I mean what kind of sick individual would do that to point score on an internet forum?

Really?? Sick.

I do believe you provided the link for that yourself Martin so dont try to claim offence now.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Really?? Sick.

My previous names are old news BTW.

Well it obviously got under your skin and me a ban. I take it you’ll push it again to report me. As I have told you before you don’t really contribute anything in terms of boating experience/knowledge you just mess up Posts as usual.

As above I didn’t search for your daughters Facebook, you made it public. 

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I also enjoy their Vlogs, good entertainment, and looking at the trees when they came past us, at least 5 or 6 weeks behind actual time.

I only noticed how far they had moved during the first lockdown when they made the Thames...looked back, and they were taking the pi££ big time.......but its alright, they are media and providing a service...

I do believe you provided the link for that yourself Martin so dont try to claim offence now.

I provided a link to confirm how serious covid can be.

I didn't provide a direct link to my daughter's Facebook page. Nor give permission for a picture of me and my granddaughter  to be used as someones avatar.

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

I provided a link to confirm how serious covid can be.

I didn't provide a direct link to my daughter's Facebook page. Nor give permission for a picture of me and my granddaughter  to be used as someones avatar.

You basically posted her details and info and the only person who could be identified was you, everything else was removed so stop your whinging Martin. 

9 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Well it obviously got under your skin and me a ban. I take it you’ll push it again to report me. As I have told you before you don’t really contribute anything in terms of boating experience/knowledge you just mess up Posts as usual.

You posted a picture of myself and my granddaughter as your avatar and say it "got under my skin'.???

What a silly Billy you are....

You were banned? Really??

Good.

3 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

You basically posted her details and info and the only person who could be identified was you, everything else was removed so stop your whinging Martin. 

You are a creepy stalker.

Creepy.

Very very creepy.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

You posted a picture of myself and my granddaughter as your avatar and say it "got under my skin'.???

What a silly Billy you are....

You were banned? Really??

Good.

Just going to ignore you now, as you know little about boats and showed little knowledge of the Yorkshire waterways when you had one for that year.

Just now, PD1964 said:

Just going to ignore you now, as you know little about boats and showed little knowledge of the Yorkshire waterways when you had one for that year.

Fab good bye.

But before you go do get your facts right.

I was there for three.

Just now, Midnight said:

Haven't you fellas got a cellar you could squabble in?

I would love to'.

8 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Oh dear.

I'm not bothered by a bit of name calling so I'll not bother.......thanks for the suggestion that I should though.

PS I thought you were ignoring me?

Edited by Athy
Removal of unacceptable personal abuse.

I haven’t watched their programs but do I take it they are basically ignoring lockdown instructions? If so, what a pair of arrogant selfish examples they are. I couldn’t care less if they risk their own health or lives, it’s the people they come into contact with I care about.

Also, the more people who ignore the restrictions, the more tier 3 restrictions will go in place, and the more businesses like cafes and pubs will risk losing their livelihoods. Selfish arses.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Mike Tee said:

I haven’t watched their programs but do I take it they are basically ignoring lockdown instructions? If so, what a pair of arrogant selfish examples they are. I couldn’t care less if they risk their own health or lives, it’s the people they come into contact with I care about.

Also, the more people who ignore the restrictions, the more tier 3 restrictions will go in place, and the more businesses like cafes and pubs will risk losing their livelihoods. Selfish arses.

No, they are not ignoring lockdown instructions any more than you are.

Foxes afloat make high quality production videos but I dont like their presentation style (loud, unnecessary hype), may be because my first narrowboat vlog was 'cruising the cut'. I also heard they tested the limit of initial lockdown in march/april. Don't like people who openly violet spirit of rules(if not technically) and take pleasure in telling everybody.

Edited by restlessnomad

Updated 2 December 2020

General advice for boaters

Does the pandemic affect the requirement to continuously cruise?

Continuous cruisers should generally boat as normal, following our guidance for continuous cruisers, and the government guidance above. If you have any specific issues, please contact your licence support officer.

We are aware that continuous cruisers may not be able to cruise their intended pattern because of the guidance to avoid leaving or entering tier 3 areas and we will look at this when reviewing licences – please don’t worry. We do ask that people continue to move within those areas to ensure everyone can access support, work and education, and that mooring space is shared.

If you are in a high-risk group, need to self-isolate, or have any other specific concerns please get in touch via your licence support officer if you haven’t already told us

2 hours ago, rgreg said:

Updated 2 December 2020

General advice for boaters

Does the pandemic affect the requirement to continuously cruise?

Continuous cruisers should generally boat as normal, following our guidance for continuous cruisers, and the government guidance above. If you have any specific issues, please contact your licence support officer.

We are aware that continuous cruisers may not be able to cruise their intended pattern because of the guidance to avoid leaving or entering tier 3 areas and we will look at this when reviewing licences – please don’t worry. We do ask that people continue to move within those areas to ensure everyone can access support, work and education, and that mooring space is shared.

If you are in a high-risk group, need to self-isolate, or have any other specific concerns please get in touch via your licence support officer if you haven’t already told us

That's the current advice, not the Lockdown2 advice, and certainly not Lockdown 1 advice, which was DON'T move unless you absolutely have to...water, services, health etc.