Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

45 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I suggest you are not sorry at all for dismissing my argument as childish and ridiculous. If you were sorry, you surely wouldn’t have done it in the first place. Intolerance of anyone else’s viewpoint is of course part of the malaise.
But do keep going, you are making a great job of making my point for me.

You're criticising me for intolerance of another's viewpoint, when that's exactly what you waded into the thread with?  The irony!!

18 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

You're criticising me for intolerance of another's viewpoint, when that's exactly what you waded into the thread with?  The irony!!

I was using the irony on my shirtery to get the creases out.

I think you fail to grasp the difference between holding a differing view from someone in a dispassionate debate, vs nastily attacking a minority and attempting to bully them (in this case a couple of people going about their business) without grounds. 

41 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I've just got a new mouthpiece for my cornet. How exciting is that?

Quite exciting, especially with ice cream in it.

Edited by nicknorman

19 minutes ago, nicknorman said:
1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I've just got a new mouthpiece for my cornet. How exciting is that?

Quite exciting, especially with ice cream in it.

Especially as I bought an ice cream maker last week. I think my brain got confused.  They're both noisy.

41 minutes ago, Athy said:

I just had a quick look and noticed that, on top of their stove, they have an ecofan. These people do like being controversial, don't they?

I've stopped taking this thread seriously.  I gather you have, too.

This is what happens when people get wound up about boats moving 

⭐?? Good evening all, we have had a report of wire being strung across the canal - this is not acceptable behaviour boaters & users alike still have to make essential journeys on their boats!! The police have been informed, be respectful #ourlocalcanal #beaware ⭐?? #love #peace
3Gook Vincent Herbert and 2 others
1 comment
  • Horror 2

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

This is what happens when people get wound up about boats moving 

⭐?? Good evening all, we have had a report of wire being strung across the canal - this is not acceptable behaviour boaters & users alike still have to make essential journeys on their boats!! The police have been informed, be respectful #ourlocalcanal #beaware ⭐?? #love #peace

3Gook Vincent Herbert and 2 others
1 comment

Can you put the link to this on, as can’t find it on their recent Facebook, unless it was last Mays Lockdown?

Edited by PD1964

7 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Some countries you could travel to, some you couldn't. Mostly due to those foreign countries not wanting plague-ridden brits coughing all over them. Just before Christmas in Scotland,a nd with virus numbers really ramping up due to the "new variant", we had the Rangers football team popping off to Dubai for a "training camp" which to you and me is a "jolly nice holiday in warm climes" with the approval of Nicola, and they came back with the virus. That is the sort of thing to get angry about! There is definitely one rule for the rich, celebrities and sportspeople, and another for the rest of us

Was it not Celtic, rather than the Huns? Or did they go on a jolly as well?

Edit to add  On returning to the thread, I see Haggis got in first ...  ?

Edited by Iain_S
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Can you put the link to this on, as can’t find it on their recent Facebook, unless it was last Mays Lockdown?

I doubt I will find it as it will be well down the postings by now

Well that was easy I just clicked on the link in the posting I put up   .Canal River Trust Lancaster of  https://www.facebook.com/crton.lancastercanal.1 

Edited by ditchcrawler

I've been another one watching this from the sidelines. After Matty's post a few pages back, I tweeted the Foxes and within 3 minutes, yes 3 minutes, they blocked me from their pathetic and sycophantic twitter feed........What a laugh............I really hope when this is all over, I met them on the canal....they won't silence me quite so easily then.........

• Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, jeddlad said:

I've been another one watching this from the sidelines. After Matty's post a few pages back, I tweeted the Foxes and within 3 minutes, yes 3 minutes, they blocked me from their pathetic and sycophantic twitter feed........What a laugh............I really hope when this is all over, I met them on the canal....they won't silence me quite so easily then.........

Laughable......what are you going to say?

"Boo, its me who you once blocked on Twitter"

Then what?

You've just raised this thread to a new level of ridiculousness with that little contribution.

Edited by The Happy Nomad
To further highlight the ridiculousness

13 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Laughable......what are you going to say?

"Boo, its me who you once blocked on Twitter"

Then what?

You've just raised this thread to a new level of ridiculousness with that little contribution.

Lol not even gonna bother with you, you've always been a prat in all the years you've been posting........

29 minutes ago, jeddlad said:

I think you ought to quote us your tweet so we can decide if they were right or wrong. Otherwise, you just look like you were being deliberately unpleasant.

2 minutes ago, jeddlad said:

Lol not even gonna bother with you, you've always been a prat in all the years you've been posting........

If you tweeted in that tone  no wonder they blocked you.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, jeddlad said:

So you are actually full of hot air, and just wanted to look clever and get some 'likes' on CWDF....

How sad is that?

4 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I think you ought to quote us your tweet so we can decide if they were right or wrong. Otherwise, you just look like you were being deliberately unpleasant.

If you tweeted in that tone  no wonder they blocked you.

I suspect he didnt tweet anything, but just wanted to fish for likes on here.

Just now, Arthur Marshall said:

I think you ought to quote us your tweet so we can decide if they were right or wrong. Otherwise, you just look like you were being deliberately 

I would Arthur but they've deleted it. My tweet was actually very polite asking them how they were keeping covid safe whilst filming.

My comment about meeting them, wasn't  meant to be threatening, I meant to highlight how they can clean their social media feeds to make everything look lovely and silence views they disagree with  but if  ever met them, they wouldn't be able to shut me up or delete my view in so easily in person as they can on twitter.

Public figures such as the Foxes are, through their various social media efforts, have to expect public comments regardless of whether they agree or disagree....

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, jeddlad said:

I would Arthur but they've deleted it. My tweet was actually very polite asking them how they were keeping covid safe whilst filming.

My comment about meeting them, wasn't  meant to be threatening, I meant to highlight how they can clean their social media feeds to make everything look lovely and silence views they disagree with  but if  ever met them, they wouldn't be able to shut me up or delete my view in so easily in person as they can on twitter.

Public figures such as the Foxes are, through their various social media efforts, have to expect public comments regardless of whether they agree or disagree....

And when you have said that little speach?

Then what?

It's their twitter account they can retain or dispose of what they like as I pointed out ages ago.

12 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Speech Martin, Speech.

Good evening Mathew, thankyou for your very important spelling correction. This has advanced the justification for your dislike of the Foxes cruising pattern immeasurably.

9 minutes ago, jeddlad said:

Ignore him Matt,  it winds Martin up so much more if you ignore him.......

I think you will find its exactly the opposite. Otherwise why would he correct my spelling out of the blue?

Go figure.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Yes I recall her post. And how very strange she should pop up posting this evening on another thread too. I also discovered something about her a long time ago.

She likes to portray herself as litlle miss innocence but actually what I discovered would certainly challenge that.

And your opinion on MTB?

Edited by PD1964