Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Classic?remember that before you go reporting posts or go crying to the moderators, trying to get people banned??

Remember what?

I rarely if ever report posts.

You got yourself banned, remember that. I merely asked the mods to remove pictures you had posted of me and when they did that you stupidly and pathetically used the same picture as your avatar.

If they chose to ban you that is their decision not mine.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

3 hours ago, Chris John said:

All this moaning about the Foxes 

1. They are not leaving home

2. Have a look at the roads and see all those that are leaving home

3. They’re  current blogs were filmed weeks ago

I've been making essential journeys taking people to hospital and since Christmas the amount of traffic on the roads has greatly reduced. 
And remember that people are allowed to leave home to go to work, to medical events and even to go shopping.

11 hours ago, matty40s said:

I think the way they have tidied up(edited) twitter over the last few days, post the 'how we do it in lockdown' post, along with re-tweeting the latest CRT unenforceable guidelines means they are watching what has been said, maybe taking it on board, maybe not....I do hope so.

I stand by what I said this morning.

Taking what exactly on board?

If they pay any attention to the rubbish spouted on this thread I would be surprised. They are mature adults, not carping creatures with nothing better to do than criticise other people. 

I am not watching their vlogs  In order to nit pick. I watch them for entertainment, which is the reason most normal folks would.

Sounds to me that some on here are obsessed, and are virtually stalking them.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

9 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

I've been making essential journeys taking people to hospital and since Christmas the amount of traffic on the roads has greatly reduced. 
And remember that people are allowed to leave home to go to work, to medical events and even to go shopping.

It’s not a lockdown is it. It’s just tighter restrictions. 

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

If they pay any attention to the rubbish spouted on this thread I would be surprised. They are mature adults, not carping creatures with nothing better to do than criticise other people. 

I am not watching their vlogs  In order to nit pick. I watch them for entertainment, which is the reason most normal folks would.

Agree. Many seem very bitter and jealous 

On 26/01/2021 at 15:05, Athy said:

We've just received a communication from one of the Foxes, who seems to feel that some of the comments in this thread are inaccurate and/or unfair. Ideally, we'd invite him to join the forum and answer any posts with which he disagrees. However, he's sent his letter as a "Guest", which means we have no way of replying to him as far as I'm aware. So, Guest, if you read this, do join the Forum so that you can enter the discussion.

As you have now sent in FIFTEEN separate reports, you obviously have plenty of things which you'd like to say.

You obviously missed the above message didnt you.....

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

11 minutes ago, matty40s said:

You obviously missed the above message didnt you.....

Who, me?

As an update (in case I haven't mentioned it before, which I may have done) Mr. Fox has been in touch with us, but does not feel inclined to discuss his activities on the forum.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Who, me?

As an update (in case I haven't mentioned it before, which I may have done) Mr. Fox has been in touch with us, but does not feel inclined to discuss his activities on the forum.

Maybe he realises that they are indefensible ?

(Matty's quote of your post was aimed at her Ladyship)

• Greenie 1

13 hours ago, Chris John said:

All this moaning about the Foxes 

1. They are not leaving home nobody is suggesting otherwise

2. Have a look at the roads and see all those that are leaving home 2 wrongs don't make a right

3. They’re  current blogs were filmed weeks ago primarily, this discussion is about the discrepancy between what you've pointed out, and their apparent recent movements as shown on twitter.  And of their movements in earlier lockdowns

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Lets look at it this way, if Boris was on Twitter and posted all his day you would look and more than likely complain about what he was up to, just like your post on TB about calling the police on him and have him turned around at the Scottish border, pot kettle and all that.

6 minutes ago, Dave123 said:

I would have thought that as they have permission to move for the purpose of filming, that would be the end of the debate.?

There were no such permissions at the start of the first lockdown for anybody other than accredited news journalists.

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

There were no such permissions at the start of the first lockdown for anybody other than accredited news journalists.

And Film Crews and 'advertising productions' are now actually banned from travel as of 4:00am 18th January 2021

Film and TV crew are no longer exempt from coronavirus restrictions related to job travel, it has emerged. The UK government’s list of jobs that qualify for travel exemptions has been updated to remove “television production” and “high end television production and film”,

Relevant extracts from the list :

Advertising productions

This job no longer qualifies for an exemption as of 4am Monday 18 January 2021.

Journalists

Performing arts professionals

Television production

High-end television production and film

Edited by Alan de Enfield

11 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And Film Crews and 'advertising productions' are now actually banned from travel as of 4:00am 18th January 2021

Film and TV crew are no longer exempt from coronavirus restrictions related to job travel, it has emerged. The UK government’s list of jobs that qualify for travel exemptions has been updated to remove “television production” and “high end television production and film”,

Relevant extracts from the list :

Advertising productions

Journalists

Performing arts professionals

Television production

High-end television production and film

Link please

34 minutes ago, matty40s said:

That is true, but they weren't using that as their justification during the first lockdown.

16 hours ago, Dave123 said:

Did they give reasons for how they got to the Peak Forest from the Caldon?

Clearly you did not follow the link I gave so, for you and others who seem intent on finding malicious intent, here is the first para of their answer:

When Shaun's Dad passed away in November 2020 we took a few weeks off filming. After seeking advice from the Canal and River Trust, we left the Caldon Canal and travelled to the Peak Forest Canal, arriving on the 17th of December 2020. This was the closest point for us to attend his father's funeral and to be near our family to give and receive emotional support during that sad time.

I had refrained from posting the detail earlier to avoid adding to their distress but it does now seem necessary to convince those with at least a partially open mind that evidence is very much on the Foxes side rather than others.

58 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Link please

I thought that that was taken from the international travel section . . . 

Now I know that some people think that Derbyshire is a foreign place from Staffordshire but it is perhaps stretching a point!

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

For me, this issue isn't about whether what they're doing is legal or not.  I'm sure it is.  But what we have is an example of people stretching the rules as far as they can for their own reasons.  It's maybe unfair to pick on the Foxes (although they've re-ignited this themselves), as it's happening everywhere.  It's also a central reason why our death toll is so high.  Therefore, it's unsurprising that people who have made real, and ongoing sacrifices, are feeling increasingly aggrieved.

I have been accused of going on history hunts and leaving my home for no good reason this week, The reason being I photographed a casting on the front of a shop as I walked back to the car to return home from an essential journey to my solicitors. 

IMG_20210126_112345 (3).jpg

16 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I take it from that they have a commercial licence and also pay C&RT to film just like any other commercial filming company with all the same insurances 

Two different situations:

1. They make an income from posting on social media, especially their vlogs. There are very many people who do similar and I did think that CaRT had indicated that working on a boat was not the same as trading from or with it. (Although I do recall that there was a legal case regarding one of the BWML London marinas a while back that considered this issue but  I cannot recall any detail)

2. They also, I think, were filmed by a separate production company which, I would guess, would be responsible for ensuring that all the necessary permissions, risk assessments and insurances were in place. They do get a bit obsessive about such things. Any income made from that is, I suspect, simply a matter between them and HMRC.

22 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Clearly you did not follow the link I gave so, for you and others who seem intent on finding malicious intent, here is the first para of their answer:

When Shaun's Dad passed away in November 2020 we took a few weeks off filming. After seeking advice from the Canal and River Trust, we left the Caldon Canal and travelled to the Peak Forest Canal, arriving on the 17th of December 2020. This was the closest point for us to attend his father's funeral and to be near our family to give and receive emotional support during that sad time.

I had refrained from posting the detail earlier to avoid adding to their distress but it does now seem necessary to convince those with at least a partially open mind that evidence is very much on the Foxes side rather than others.

Why on earth didnt they put that at the front of the vlog released last Friday? The timing there is quite important ie before the tier 4 stuff arrived. By not saying anything it gave the impression that trip was done post Christmas when we were 'locked down'. We watch each vlog and it looked like the visit to the train museum was after mid December. By them not saying anything about how they got from the Caldon to peak forest (and when) has ended up with a number of viewers questioning their behaviour.

I wonder if they will mention Covid in today's vlog?