Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

Sadly, the sanction for this is likely to be a fine which he will appeal against.  Also, sadly, if he becomes seriously ill, those staff will have to treat him.

They can lock him away in a cell for his own good and ours, he'll be isolating then.

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

I don’t think anything or any restrictions will stop these guys moving and filming, as it’s all about them and only them.

That's it exactly.

They're bending the rules to suit themselves.

We want to visit our boat, but we haven't.

We want to visit family in Wales but we haven't.

We realise that the only way this wretched virus can be beaten is by EVERYBODY sticking to the SPIRIT of the rules.

Which is why we, and others, feel that people like the 'Foxes Afloat', Dominic Cummings, the DFLs enjoying their holiday homes in Cornwall or here on the IoW, etc. etc. are rubbing our noses in it.

ETA You can add Rita Ora, whoever she might be, to that list too.

Edited by Victor Vectis
  • Greenie 2

It really doesn't matter what other peoople do,especially if you're following the rules and avoiding them.  Rich people will always feel entitled to do what they like as they have learnt through experience that the rules simply aren't applied to them. It's not worth getting upset about.

Only an idiot would say "because Cummins (or the Foxes  or the PM) did it, so can I". It's your job to keep yourself safe, no-one else's.

It's a slight consolation that you can then laugh and not care when they get ill, like half the cabinet.

13 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

It really doesn't matter what other peoople do,especially if you're following the rules and avoiding them.  Rich people will always feel entitled to do what they like as they have learnt through experience that the rules simply aren't applied to them. It's not worth getting upset about.

Only an idiot would say "because Cummins (or the Foxes  or the PM) did it, so can I". It's your job to keep yourself safe, no-one else's.

It's a slight consolation that you can then laugh and not care when they get ill, like half the cabinet.

The problem is that there are sections of society who don't realise that on top of keeping themselves safe they have a responsibility to keep others safe as well, and that means sticking by the rules.

3 hours ago, PD1964 said:

I don’t think anything or any restrictions will stop these guys moving and filming, as it’s all about them and only them.

That opinion does not seem to be compatible with the statements made on a twitter Q&A quoted earlier https://www.foxesafloat.com/faq-s especially the first sentence. They make it quite clear that they  asked CaRT for advice and followed it. What on earth is wrong with that? Unless you think either that CaRT advice is wrong or that the Foxes statement is not correct. And it is not about being able to film, either.

1 hour ago, Victor Vectis said:

That's it exactly.

They're bending the rules to suit themselves.

We want to visit our boat, but we haven't.

We want to visit family in Wales but we haven't.

We realise that the only way this wretched virus can be beaten is by EVERYBODY sticking to the SPIRIT of the rules.

Which is why we, and others, feel that people like the 'Foxes Afloat', Dominic Cummings, the DFLs enjoying their holiday homes in Cornwall or here on the IoW, etc. etc. are rubbing our noses in it.

ETA You can add Rita Ora, whoever she might be, to that list too.

There does not seem to be any evidence (based on their twitter statement) for that accusation.

Edited by Mike Todd

13 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

That opinion does not seem to be compatible with the statements made on a twitter Q&A quoted earlier https://www.foxesafloat.com/faq-s especially the first sentence. They make it quite clear that they  asked CaRT for advice and followed it. What on earth is wrong with that? Unless you think either that CaRT advice is wrong or that the Foxes statement is not correct. And it is not about being able to film, either.

There does not seem to be any evidence (based on their twitter statement) for that accusation.

Did they give reasons for how they got to the Peak Forest from the Caldon?

7 hours ago, Athy said:

You'll be pleased, then, that the right to reply has not been removed. All members have the right to reply to any post, but they should do so within the rules. Surely you knew that?

Yes, apologies, "right to reply" wasn't quite the correct phrase to use,  I meant to be able to own and keep the reply in place albeit censored rather than removing it entirely.  It still had a valid point without the forbidden swear words.  Perhaps sirweste asked for its total removal. 

7 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

My post was made from the stand point that my family have been very close to the dire effects of Covid. So I don't need a lecture about the 'whys and wherefores' of it all.

If you found it 'distasteful' then tough. I also feel no 'shame' for posting it, I categorically see no reason to be. The fact my opinion is different to yours is absolutely nothing to be 'ashamed' of.

Apologies @Chagall and to the other 'sheep' that liked that post, if that was 'less than charming' by your standards but that is how it is.

Baah! 

47 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Follow your link and the 01 option on their FAQs.......

They say that, according to '.....guidelines we have received in writing for CaRT and the UK Government. Under these guidelines we are allowed to move for reasons including but not limited to;'

Last bullet point: 'the purposes of film and TV filming.'

I would guess this was drawn up with film and TV companies in mind, but not for two blokes, a dog, a few cameras and a drone.

We want to see our granddaughter.

So, we drive to Anglesey, get out the iPhone and start filming. If challenged we claim we are making a TV program.

Does that sit with the spirit of the lockdown rules? I think not!

As for evidence. Well it's self bl00dy evident to me at least!!

(And yes, I am angry about this)

If you agreed a contact for your films to be published on a high profile very popular streaming service then yes, you possibly could. They publish theirs on Amazon Prime. Why dont you contact Amazon and see if they would be interested in yours? Lol

3 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Baah! 

Bah black sheep?

10 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Yes, apologies, "right to reply" wasn't quite the correct phrase to use,  I meant to be able to own and keep the reply in place albeit censored rather than removing it entirely.  It still had a valid point without the forbidden swear words.  Perhaps sirweste asked for its total removal. 

His 'valid point' remains visible because I quoted it. 

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

As I have said before you must think these guys are something special, as you go to great lengths to always defend their actions. Please don’t believe everything they say, they can write whatever they want on their Social Media platforms as they control the content.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

If you read the earlier post carefully you will see that the Scottish limit is not 5 miles from home but 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area. 

• local outdoor recreation, sport or exercise, walking, cycling, golf, or running that starts and finishes at the same place (which can be up to 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area) as long as you abide by the rules on meeting other households  "

23 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

As I have said before you must think these guys are something special, as you go to great lengths to always defend their actions. Please don’t believe everything they say, they can write whatever they want on their Social Media platforms as they control the content.

So you are actually calling them liars now?

Given that they do look at the forum I take you are prepared to stand by that?

Edited by The Happy Nomad

10 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

So you are actually calling them liars now?

Given that they do look at the forum I take you are prepared to stand by that?

They don’t have to read the posts as you’ll probably try contacting them telling them “PD1964 is calling yous liars” like you have done before. 
  I just don’t believe everything they put out and anyway if I called them a liar, what are they going to do about it?

1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

They don’t have to read the posts as you’ll probably try contacting them telling them “PD1964 is calling yous liars” like you have done before. 
  I just don’t believe everything they put out and anyway if I called them a liar, what are they going to do about it?

Well they have a number of options open to them. But they probably have better things to do.