Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I dont think the comment was directed at cwdf. It was in a tweet made last March and aimed at folk who immediately dislike their videos seconds after they have posted them.

I didnt say it was about CWDF

I posted it to highlight the point that if they are complaining about public not-being-nice-to-us on here, that they arent quite perfect to others  themselves

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I didnt say it was about CWDF

I know you didnt. I didnt say you did, I was responding to Arthur who seems to think it was.

Thanking us ironically for the engagement while refusing to engage is a bit overdoing the irony

Edited by The Happy Nomad

52 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I know you didnt. I didnt say you did, I was responding to Arthur who seems to think it was.

Thanking us ironically for the engagement while refusing to engage is a bit overdoing the irony

Well I've lost the plot

15 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Where did you last see it? 

I got talked into watching a video from a guy on a boat this afternoon.  All the labels were written back to front, including his tea shirt with his name on it advertising his wares 

Edited by ditchcrawler

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I got talked into watching a video from a guy on a boat this afternoon.  All the labels were written back to front, including his tea shirt with his name on it advertising his wares 

Did you buy one of those knock off tellys from Del on the Cut?

14 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I dont think the comment was directed at cwdf. It was in a tweet made last March and aimed at folk who immediately dislike their videos seconds after they have posted them.

Ah. I just don't want to watch them. How can you dislike something without seeing it? That's just pig ignorant behaviour from some plonker who likes putting others down so they can (wrongly) feel superior. And if it may affect someone's livelihood, whether one approves of it or not, it would seem to be worse.

13 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Try down the back of the sofa, you'll probably find the TV remote there too.

This reminds me of when I was sat in the doctors waiting room and put my hand in my pocket and brought my fone out to turn it off as I always do in such places, and I bring out the tv remote having left my fone on the boat :blink:

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Purely for information purposes, to back up my first message on here, during the first lockdown March 16th -july 4th they travelled from the lower stratford to the top of the Thames.

We have already pointed out to you that they make it clear that they post videos some significant amount of time after the actual events yet you again use the posting date of the vlogs to base an accusation that they travelled contrary to government advice. 

In any event, I believe that from mid May to late October, cruising on the canals was permitted and hire companies did significant business. Can you state your evidence for their dates of travel outside that permitted period?

You do seem to have an unstated reason for being unduly antagonistic towards them. You single them out for your accusations  yet I have seen other videos that track movements just as, if not more, close to the limits of what has been permitted at each stage. I also suspect that life as a permanent CC liveaboard has only been marginally assessed by those in government who make the decisions about what can and cannot be done. 

I have never met Colin and Sean and hold no brief for them. However, based solely on their videos I do warm to them - perhaps because I do have some personal insights into life for those with high functioning autistic traits.

• Greenie 1

53 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Purely for information purposes, to back up my first message on here, during the first lockdown March 16th -july 4th they travelled from the lower stratford to the top of the Thames.

I'm not sure that is right.

They had come up the Stratford late feb/early march and were near Napton when the lockdown happend. They clearly showed in the vlogs that they didnt move much (only for essentials during April). Things then opened up in May for movement. The July 4th date was the date the pubs opened. Boats were still moving in May/June.

However, whilst I am a supporter of Colin and Sean - and like their vlogs for the banter and info on various bits of the canal network - I am not a supporter of what they appear to be doing now. They were on the Caldon late December and now they have 'appeared' on the Peak Forest with no indication in their vlogs on how they did that. The trent and mersey, the Macc and the peak forest were all in Tier 3 in late December and now in full lockdown - dont move unless it is essential (as Matty mentioned on the previous page).

Common guys, peeps are dying at an alarming rate. We should all stay at home (and limit all non essential movement). That's not just for Colin and Sean. Its for everyone. There are still too many peeps not following the Gov advice.

• Greenie 4

According to twitter, which is a better timeline than their vlogs, they were descending Hatton well after after March 16th (matt Hancocks lockdown announcement), Leamington around 4th April, and were talking about their self isolation and lockdown haircut competitions in between tweets at the time. 

It was about stopping the virus and protecting the NHS, as it is now, not seeing how far you can bend the rules or fit your ideas of what regulations mean.

• Greenie 4

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

We have already pointed out to you that they make it clear that they post videos some significant amount of time after the actual events yet you again use the posting date of the vlogs to base an accusation that they travelled contrary to government advice. 

In any event, I believe that from mid May to late October, cruising on the canals was permitted and hire companies did significant business. Can you state your evidence for their dates of travel outside that permitted period?

You do seem to have an unstated reason for being unduly antagonistic towards them. You single them out for your accusations  yet I have seen other videos that track movements just as, if not more, close to the limits of what has been permitted at each stage. 

Im not unduly antagonistic, I have said from early days, I have enjoyed watching their blogs occasionally,  however, the movements they made were on twitter daily, ...even given a bit of leeway for missed days, they covered a large distance before June.

• Greenie 1

19 hours ago, matty40s said:

Must be bored as theyve only gone from the top of the Caldon to the Peak Forest during lockdown 3.

All navigation in England and Wales should be limited to essential use only. Those living aboard are advised to limit their navigation, moving only a minimal amount to access essential facilities or services when necessary.

Anyhow, heres what they think of people like MrSmelly and PD1964.

"This hug is for that one person who dislikes all the narrowboat YouTuber videos within seconds of release without watching them. We honestly love you despite your chronic halitosis and micro-genitalia. Thanks for the engagement"

I doubt those comments were aimed at any boaters, more likely at people with other agenda’s who don’t like them for who they are. I honestly think deep down they’re decent people who have done good things for charity and others, it’s just the COVID moving thing and I would be the same with anyone, friends alike over this. 

I myself don’t really watch their Vlogs as I can do all the boating I need for real and not via YouTube Vlogs, unlike the majority of their viewers. 

One that I watch more then any is “Well Deck Diaries” who come across as decent people and not full of self importance, who just get on with it without creating Drama.

The worst New one seams to be “Love life Triumph” who come across as a bit of a joke or I don’t know if their trying to be the “Chuckle Brothers” of the Cut, Have a look at their latest Vlog explaining how to do Stenson deep lock, a bit embarrassing to say the least, but I’m sure people on here people will say “Ah bless them, they will learn”?

But I’m sure next week and after Lockdown there will be even more new Vloggers on the canal and YouTube.

Edited by PD1964

On 13/01/2021 at 12:39, David Schweizer said:

Yes. Whenever we get a weeping relative on the News, blaming others for their loved one's loss to Covid, I sometimes wonder did they get it through unavoidable occupational contact, or were they being less than careful about wearing masks and socially distancing themselves?

That's pretty much the same as the 14 year old yoofs dying of gunshots or knife attacks who are always exemplary members of society, they help little old ladies across the road, are studying to become a brain surgeon and are loved by everyone. No-one explains why they were out of school riding a stolen scooter (with no licence or insurance) and delivering drugs, or even why they were armed to the teeth and already have a Police record as long as your arm.

Oh well, it just goes to show that sarcasm is just one of the services I offer.

18 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Up to now to now I haven't really expressed support or otherwise for the Foxes.  The thread had wandered off into other areas, so it's rather ironic (but not surprising) that we're all talking about them again, after they've complained.  Let sleeping dogs lie is a wise expression.

I can imagine that they were most displeased and a bit shocked with lots of the earlier comments on the threads, especially since they have total control over their youtube channel, and must be very dilligent about removing any dissenting comments.  However, this website is a different beast.  It's a discussion forum, and the forum will discuss!  I appluad the mods for not hurriedly shutting down this thread in the face of outside pressure.  I can't see anything libellous/defamatory in it so far, but if the Foxes think there is, then they do have options available to protect their reputations.  I'd advise them against those routes though, since they'll probably get nowhere.  They really ought to get the idea that they are now public figures within the boating world, and people will have opinions on their actions and intentions.

They could always make a youtube video response to comments on here.

Have I missed something?

6 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

They clearly showed in the vlogs that they didnt move much (only for essentials during April). Things then opened up in May for movement. The July 4th date was the date the pubs opened. Boats were still moving in May/June.

Common guys, peeps are dying at an alarming rate. We should all stay at home (and limit all non essential movement). That's not just for Colin and Sean. Its for everyone. There are still too many peeps not following the Gov advice.

The lockdown was slightly eased in June not May, Cummings stunt came out in May which was when folks decided to sneak out.

Edited by matty40s

7 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

I thought that there were different dates for cc's from holiday cruising?

Yes, start of June was when CC's started moving, and holiday boats were allowed out for the day but not overnights. July was everything back to normal.....ish

18 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Yes, start of June was when CC's started moving, and holiday boats were allowed out for the day but not overnights. July was everything back to normal.....ish

This is right.  From early June moving boats was allowed as long as the boat is your primary residence.

3 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

Up to now to now I haven't really expressed support or otherwise for the Foxes.  The thread had wandered off into other areas, so it's rather ironic (but not surprising) that we're all talking about them again, after they've complained.  Let sleeping dogs lie is a wise expression.

I can imagine that they were most displeased and a bit shocked with lots of the earlier comments on the threads, especially since they have total control over their youtube channel, and must be very dilligent about removing any dissenting comments.  However, this website is a different beast.  It's a discussion forum, and the forum will discuss!  I appluad the mods for not hurriedly shutting down this thread in the face of outside pressure.  I can't see anything libellous/defamatory in it so far, but if the Foxes think there is, then they do have options available to protect their reputations.  I'd advise them against those routes though, since they'll probably get nowhere.  They really ought to get the idea that they are now public figures within the boating world, and people will have opinions on their actions and intentions.

They could always make a youtube video response to comments on here.

Do they think they are something special? Most of their followers are non-boaters and not even in this country. As you say they have control over the comments on their Social Media platforms and remove any they disagree with. Can’t believe they have contacted the Forum Admin staff complaining when they make their life so public. What’s the saying/idiom “You can’t have your cake and eat it, too”

Edited by PD1964