Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

27 minutes ago, Dave123 said:

But they aren't breaking the rules...

But they aren’t adhering to advice from CaRT in regards to essential travel:

Updated 5 January 2021

General advice for boaters

What is essential boat travel?

If you are a live-aboard boater or are currently occupying your boat, then essential movement could be:

• to access water or waste facilities
  • to access essential food and supplies
  • to access hospital, GP, and other medical appointments, or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
  • for emergency mechanical service for your boat
  • for emergency vet treatment for your pet
  • for caring responsibilities

Then you get people on here defending them like yourself, while the daily infection rate is the highest it’s been and the daily death rate is also rising.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

Updated 5 January 2021

If you are a live-aboard boater or are currently occupying your boat, then essential movement could be:

• to access hospital, GP, and other medical appointments, or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health

Then you get people on here defending them like yourself, while the daily infection rate is the highest it’s been and the daily death rate is also rising.

In their latest Instagram photo their walking around the Peak District “Eccles Peak” I don’t think there is a canal that high up, so obviously stay local and exercise does not apply to these guys.

Who is 'they'?

9 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

In which case did you notice on their latest vlog that it was filmed before the current lockdown?

Was it? But was it filmed in a Tier 4 area? I take it you support their actions?

You can edit anything on a Vlog, let’s see if they remain in a local area hold up or still travel.

Edited by PD1964

11 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Was it? But was it filmed in a Tier 4 area? I take it you support their actions?

You can edit anything on a Vlog, let’s see if they remain in a local area hold up or still travel.

I am beginning to think it offensive that you question their integrity regarding what they say about what they do. Me, a simple soul, am inclined to accept it for what is seems. 

You are beginning to sound like Trump in that any evidence that does not fit your theory is rejected as 'fake news'. At what point do you start to believe what is in front of you?

Please do post any evidence that - at the time of filming - they did anything significantly outside the prevailing rules (or even perhaps outside the guidance)

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

I am beginning to think it offensive that you question their integrity regarding what they say about what they do. Me, a simple soul, am inclined to accept it for what is seems. 

You are beginning to sound like Trump in that any evidence that does not fit your theory is rejected as 'fake news'. At what point do you start to believe what is in front of you?

Please do post any evidence that - at the time of filming - they did anything significantly outside the prevailing rules (or even perhaps outside the guidance)

I couldnt see anything on their last vlog of when exactly it was taken (up the Caldon). They do post now and again on Instrcrap (which I dont follow) so maybe some clever peeps can work out where they are at a known time?

50 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

You can be as offended as much as you like. Obviously you put these guys on some sort of Canal Vloggers pedestal and follow their every word as Gospel, remember they produce and EDIT their Vlogs, so only put out what suits them and puts them in a positive light, just like they also remove any negative comments that they don’t want to see.

According to their last Instagram taken at Iccles Pike they must be around Bugsworth Basin area, then again it could of been taken before lockdown?

Edited by PD1964

6 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

I worry that we are all being compared to cattle!

Why herd immunity? Why not flock immunity or gaggle immunity. FFS why not shoal immunity. Let's not skate around this issue.

Try Community Immunity it is an already alternative name for it.

4 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Updated 5 January 2021

It's their job, as has been covered ad nauseam on this thread. So it's allowed. CRT don't make guidance that covers this as far as I know. The reason the infection rate is so high is the government permitting so much more activity this time around (like religious services, construction work and schools/nurseries). Not 2 people moving about a bit on a boat.

25 minutes ago, Dave123 said:

It's their job, as has been covered ad nauseam on this thread. So it's allowed. CRT don't make guidance that covers this as far as I know. 

There’s millions of people not working now because of Covid-19. I would not say their job(vlogging) is essential, Are you saying it is? Or it’s how they make a living? Tell that to the thousands that have lost their jobs because it’s non essential but how they made a living.

Edited by PD1964

11 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

There’s millions of people not working now because of Covid-19. I would not say their job(vlogging) is essential, Are you saying it is? Or it’s how they make a living? Tell that to the thousands that have lost their jobs because it’s non essential but how they made a living.

They can work at home so the essential bit doesnt matter.

2 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Many people have lost their jobs because the government has decided that continuing to keep venues which spread the virus open is a bad idea (except for shops we really can't do without).  On the other hand television programmes which involve minimal risk of spreading the virus are still being made

I am not sure why this particular television programme featuring two people working from a home which occasionally moves a short distance should be an exception to the guidance that people are still allowed to make television programmes,

5 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

"Employers ... should take every possible step to facilitate their employees working from home, including providing suitable IT and equipment to enable remote working. Where people cannot work from home, employers should take steps to help employees avoid busy times and routes on public transport."

In other words, most businesses  (essential or not - I just bought an ice cream maker) can carry on if they can, with people working from home if they can, and going to work if they can't.   And as Foxes Wotsit are working from home, and they don't need to move their boat to do a vlog about being on a boat in a lockdown, there shouldn't be a problem.  It's only non-essential shops that have to shut and other places where people congregate (except congregations, who still can).

6 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

.............. and as Foxes Wotsit are working from home, and they don't need to move their boat to do a vlog about being on a boat in a lockdown, there shouldn't be a problem.

Exactly, so are they moving whilst we are in Lockdown ?

If they are, then they shouldn't, its not essentail to move to make a video.