Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

Just had an alert on Twitter that @FoxesAfloat had posted. The tweet says “We’re back on the move” looking at their tweets over the last few days they seem to be moving around Leek/Staffs area which is a Tier 3 Very High area.  Looking back to previous tweets on the 14th Nov, they both had Covid-19 with Shaun having to go into hospital for treatment. With this in mind I find it totally Irresponsible and hard to believe they would risk their health to cruise a Tier 3 area. Is it me or am I missing something and they think it’s ok and their not vulnerable? 

D4EE6A3A-F89A-4A1B-BB81-6976ACF475E8.jpeg

CCD4E46F-2BC6-42F9-B408-029897E98971.jpeg

4A3BBD13-EE58-48EA-A951-B1F953D00B33.jpeg

Edited by DHutch
Title edited.
  • Greenie 1
  • Horror 1

We don’t know exactly how much immunity one has having had COVID or how long it will last, but surely it is likely that they will have quite a strong immunity for a good while? Yes there have been a few cases of a second infection, but only a miniscule proportion of people who have had it.

Anyway, could you explain how it is more “dangerous” to cruise in a tier 3 area than it is to stay in one place in a tier 3 area? The current guidance says only that shouldn’t move into or out of a tier 3 area, not that you can’t move within it.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 3

21 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Who? 

Youtube Vloggers that people watch. Mainly non boaters, but they are one of the better ones.

Maybe they think they have to get content out no matter what????

11 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

We don’t know exactly how much immunity one has having had COVID or how long it will last, but surely it is likely that they will have quite a strong immunity for a good while? Yes there have been a few cases of a second infection, but only a miniscule proportion of people who have had it.

Anyway, could you explain how it is more “dangerous” to cruise in a tier 3 area than it is to stay in one place in a tier 3 area?

I would say you have a lesser chance to come into contact with a potential carrier.

I just find it strange that after their recent scare, why they would not just baton down the hatches and find a safe mooring for a few weeks. 

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

I don’t see a problem here. Perhaps if moving between higher and lower tiers would be, but if bobbing around in one tier, not really an issue. If you watch their vlog you will know they favour rural areas, so this would lessen any risk even further.

• Greenie 1

It is probably no risk to anyone it is however against the guidance, which says:

you can continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, but should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible

My bold.   But surely cruising when you don't have to isn't restricting the number of journeys.

25 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I would say you have a lesser chance to come into contact with a potential carrier.

I just find it strange that after their recent scare, why they would not just baton down the hatches and find a safe mooring for a few weeks. 

This doesn’t seem logical to me. How is it more risky to be on the back of your boat in the middle of the canal, vs tied up to the bank with people walking past? Ok there may be locks, but it is quite possible to work locks without getting close to strangers or touching stuff.

The highest risk of getting infected in everyday life is surely going into the shops, and one has to do that whether static or cruising. And you have not addressed the fact that they will have some degree of immunity following their earlier infections.

5 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Shock, horror boaters go cruising in tier 3 area. Thanks for the warning I'll hide in the cellar for the next 3 years.

Why hide in the cellar for the next 3 years? I would say few boaters are moving in Tier 3 but still moving when needed, not full on cruising.

6 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Why hide in the cellar for the next 3 years? I would say few boaters are moving in Tier 3 but still moving when needed, not full on cruising.

... so tell me why are you troubled by the Foxes haven't you got a cellar?

Just now, Midnight said:

... so tell me why are you troubled by the Foxes haven't you got a cellar?

Why would you want to go cruising when the whole country is being urged to stay put, especially in Tier 3 areas? Are you cruising or hiding in your cellar?

• Greenie 1

They travelled from the Midlands to the Thames during the first lockdown so obviously dont think lockdowns apply to them......however safe cruising on a narrowboat may feel.

I was paranoid when going out for our pump out cruises in March/April and May, thinking people were going to report us ..., one winding hole each way.....in June we did Gayton and back, and still thought we were naughty.

• Greenie 3

4 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Why would you want to go cruising when the whole country is being urged to stay put, especially in Tier 3 areas? Are you cruising or hiding in your cellar?

Me? I'm hiding in the cellar - the Foxes are cruising in a tier 3 area. 

Look at the recent video when they left Braunston heading North.....they have a film crew with them, someone else but them was steering, and all of a sudden it changed to them again.

They have been interacting with plenty of people to do their new Amazon project.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

They travelled from the Midlands to the Thames during the first lockdown so obviously dont think lockdowns apply to them......however safe cruising on a narrowboat may feel.

I was paranoid when going out for our pump out cruises in March/April and May, thinking people were going to report us ..., one winding hole each way.....in June we did Gayton and back, and still thought we were naughty.

I would say most boaters are trying their best to observe the rules especially in Tier 3, I would of thought they would be more cautious especially after one was hospitalised. Are they cruising to get content out for their Social Media sites especially their Amazon TV channel? Why would you not just take the opportunity to moor up for a few weeks and chill?

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Me? I'm hiding in the cellar - the Foxes are cruising in a tier 3 area. 

Yes I know and?

15 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Look at the recent video when they left Braunston heading North.....they have a film crew with them, someone else but them was steering, and all of a sudden it changed to them again.

They have been interacting with plenty of people to do their new Amazon project.

I wonder if all those who have been around their boat filming their travels have isolated since they both have had Covid-19 in the last month. If you look at the start of their latest video, Colin comments on Shauns cough, was this before they were diagnosed with Covid-19 or after, this is the thing with Youtubers their videos could be older then you think.

Edited by PD1964

14 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I would say most boaters are trying their best to observe the rules especially in Tier 3, I would of thought they would be more cautious especially after one was hospitalised. Are they cruising to get content out for their Social Media sites especially their Amazon TV channel? Why would you not just take the opportunity to moor up for a few weeks and chill?

Yes I know and?

Ah well this probably answers the question. If they are producing TV and other media, it is work, and moving for work is permitted.

If you do your homework you will find that there are 70 people tested positive for covid in leek cheddleton and endon in the last seven days. I doubt any of them are jogging up and down the towpath.

Although the virus rate is medium the density of the population is low compared to many urban areas . I don't see a problem.

Their videos are put on YouTube long after they are made so it's not really relevant as to when they are published as to where they are.

@PD1964 seems to have a rather un healthy obsession with people who vlog on YouTube.

Oh and if you breach my personal info again I will report it again and request it is removed again.

1 minute ago, Cas446 said:

Responsible, two guys making a living. The only canal boating vlog that doesn't make me cringe, enjoy watching them.

Spot on.

We no longer boat but these two give us our 'fix' on a Friday.

Amusing and informative too.