Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Do they think they are something special? 

Obviously yes from this tweet....

Some useless information for you

Face with tears of joy
Since we lit the stove in September last year we’ve used 845kg of smokeless fuel (mostly Excel). Fuel boats like Alton (pictured here) are there only boats you want to see during lockdown

20 minutes ago, matty40s said:

33 bags, we are currently on 23 since light up time.

It was more the comment about not wanting to see any boats moving other than the coal boat.

I was going to comment but for the period thats only 1.5 bags a week which is not unreasonable. 

However who has the stove on 24/7 in September.

Still vloggers are in the same bin as influencers ;)

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

33 bags, we are currently on 23 since light up time.

It was more the comment about not wanting to see any boats moving other than the coal boat.

What should be a concern is CaRT’s Tweet, so now livaboards can move freely around with the excuse “a dog walker came too close to my boat” or “a noisy cyclist rang his bell as he passed” What an un-thought out Irresponsible Tweet by CaRT.

16E0EE68-ADF9-4262-B673-31112611230E.png

Edited by PD1964

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

What should be a concern is CaRT’s Tweet, so now livaboards can move freely around with the excuse “a dog walker came too close to my boat” or “a noisy cyclist rang his bell as he passed” What an un-thought out Irresponsible Tweet by CaRT.

16E0EE68-ADF9-4262-B673-31112611230E.png

Must have been very smoky and noisy up the top end of the Caldon......

Once upon a time

15 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

People that just want to move would use water or fuel as excuses otherwise. I dont think its unreasonable to encourage people actually trying to stick to the rules to move if they're uncomfortable where they are.

Yes there’s the responsible boaters that would move to a quiet location and stay put and the irresponsible selfish boaters that will move every day and not return to their original mooring, stating it was noisy or too many passing walkers and basically continue to cruise. 

29 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

People that just want to move would use water or fuel as excuses otherwise. I dont think its unreasonable to encourage people actually trying to stick to the rules to move if they're uncomfortable where they are.

Does that apply if you are uncomfortable (as a house dweller) having to exercise in the local park?

Just being a sort of devils advocate.

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Does that apply if you are uncomfortable (as a house dweller) having to exercise in the local park?

Yes as there might be noisy kids there or a youth smoking weed, all of which make you feel uncomfortable. So you drive 5 mile to the quiet canal towpath like everyone else, then the boater will move as it’s too busy and he feels uncomfortable?

Are CaRT still encouraging walkers and cyclists to use the Towpath as “Life’s better by Water” ? But obviously not better for the boater living on it.

I think the CaRT Twitter manager needs to seriously look at that Tweet.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

5 hours ago, matty40s said:

Yes, start of June was when CC's started moving, and holiday boats were allowed out for the day but not overnights. July was everything back to normal.....ish

It was actually the 23rd of May that the suspension of the 14 day rule ended for those without a home mooring. I remember it well as I had had to move onto a 48h mooring that day and was aware that I only had 48hours on it for a change!

This thread actually made me curious enough to go back and watch the Foxes videos from the first lockdown. They mostly give reasons why they are moving (down Hatton to Warwick for shops, Calcutt for diesel and coal, Napton for facilities) but they did make it look like they had to go up the Napton locks for water at Marston Doles...dont know why they didnt use the quieter place excuse as the towpath was a quagmire in Napton in Dec so clearly is busy. But otherwise they had valid reasons each time. However I am curious as to how they will explain going to the Peak forest from the Caldon unless doing it to make films for their livelihoods is allowed. In which case I'm surprised they don't just say so. It isn't any different to countryfile presenters getting to go rock climbing in Cheddar gorge for tv. 

27 minutes ago, Dave123 said:

This thread actually made me curious enough to go back and watch the Foxes videos from the first lockdown. They mostly give reasons why they are moving (down Hatton to Warwick for shops, Calcutt for diesel and coal, Napton for facilities) but they did make it look like they had to go up the Napton locks for water at Marston Doles...dont know why they didnt use the quieter place excuse as the towpath was a quagmire in Napton in Dec so clearly is busy. But otherwise they had valid reasons each time. However I am curious as to how they will explain going to the Peak forest from the Caldon unless doing it to make films for their livelihoods is allowed. In which case I'm surprised they don't just say so. It isn't any different to countryfile presenters getting to go rock climbing in Cheddar gorge for tv. 

When was the last time you heard a country file presenter say they are allowed to film in the country because its their livelyhood and they are allowed to do so?

Never, so why should the Foxes?

A couple of people on here seem to be unnaturally fixated with their movements. Frankly I find that very creepy.

17 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

When was the last time you heard a country file presenter say they are allowed to film in the country because its their livelyhood and they are allowed to do so?

A couple of people on here seem to be unnaturally fixated with their movements. Frankly I find that very creepy.

Quite, its just that they were going to lengths to justify their moving. 

I think some of those on here that are so anti the Foxes are just bitter that some people can still have fun on boats while they are stuck in their houses, even though they say it's all  because of covid and no other motivation.

17 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Quite, its just that they were going to lengths to justify their moving. 

I think some of those on here that are so anti the Foxes are just bitter that some people can still have fun on boats while they are stuck in their houses, even though they say it's all  because of covid and no other motivation.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Unless you have been on a different planet to the rest of us, over 100k UK human beings have now lost their lives to this horrible virus. On a daily basis, my sister watches many people die in front of her(QEII Birmigham), holds their hands and talks to them as their relatives cant come near. She talks to me when she can, when she feels able to, and cries because people will not follow the rules or guidance. Does this make me angry, yes, more careful , yes.

You say..Going to lengths to justify their movements...and even then you question why they went up Napton for water...

STAY HOME-SAVE LIVES-PROTECT THE NHS

That's all it was for 99% of people during the first lockdown. ....not working out how far they could cruise knowing that MrPlod wouldnt have a car on the corner of the canal to turn them back.

Even on 23rd May, this was the official guidance..

Key boating milestones

This week you can:

Undertake short boating trips only– avoiding using locks and any staff-operated structures if possible

If you also remember, most media stopped along with all sport, including Countryfile outside broadcasts,  Eastenders filming, even the bloody Archers...until safe practices were put in place and Government restrictions were softened. 

This thread had died until the Foxes complained to the Forum that apparently there were inaccuracies and falsehoods. 

With your kids both being in the NHS, I cant understand your attitude, other than you being the permanent devils advocate you love to be.

The Covid caught up with the Foxes eventually hospitalising one , did they deserve it, NO, nobody deserved it, but how many people caught it from them on the towpaths local shops and maybe boatyards whilst they were moving before they knew they had it???

How many people could they have transferred it to up and down the canal if they had it asymptomatically the first lockdown???

Sorry for a bit of a rant, but yes, this IS about Covid19 and 2 Vloggers that just dont get it, even after having suffered it.

https://twitter.com/BylineTV/status/1354124849053052930?s=20

No lecture required, but if it makes you feel better.......

12 hours ago, enigmatic said:

For the rest of us, one of the valid reasons for travel in the UK is in association with moving house (guess how I know). The reason for the move does not figure in the rule abo0ut be allowed to move house. Without the allowance the Chancellor's Stamp Duty holiday would be meaningless!

If bricks and mortar people can do that then surely it makes sense to allow CC's to do likewise. It would be stretching the principle to claim that everyday was a moving house option! (But that is the problem with wanting every circumstance set out on B&W - the rules are already voluminous I believe)

11 hours ago, Jerra said:

There's quite a bit of discretion left over which local park you visit. Either way. I think that insisting people remain rooted to a spot where crowds of people gather outside their movable home all day would be somewhat different, and probably wouldn't reduce transmission risk.

More generally, moving your boat 4 miles to somewhere quieter isn't the same spreading disease from area to area problem that going to your second home or popping up the motorway to meet friends for coffee is. Or even a lot of stuff the government expressly permits, like continuing to do your 30 mile commute to an office because your employer thinks working from home is less productive.

46 minutes ago, andy3196 said:

That advice is a out of date and is not the current advice in regards with this lockdown in 2021.

I think the majority of boaters will not move unless essential, however there will be ones that use their Twitter statement to move more frequently  using a lame excuse about noise, smoke or people walking past, especially if it had not been the Winter months.