Fender rope

colmac

Featured Posts

I did the same earlier this year and bought 100m of manila rope from rope-source- uk on ebay. It was good quality  rope and the suppliers delivery was  prompt. their description as follows: 100M TRADE REELS EVERLASTO NATURAL MANILA DECKING ROPE 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm 14mm.

I made my own from 12mm manila which I bought from www.ropesdirect.do.uk 

I bought a 50 metre drum which made four with a good length left which I used to hold the wheel barrow wheels I bought for the shroppie shelf.

very quick and efficient delivery.

A6E2DC49-7869-477C-8EF4-416013A98F02.jpeg

20CD68DE-7FED-4A20-BE27-DCC6C3EEE9B3.jpeg

Edited by Jinna
Details

Thank you all. Will need to wait for Santa as I believe he is bringing me the books and a fid. Now I know some of you are of a sceptical nature but please don't tell me Santa is not real as, with all that is going wrong in life just now I need something positive to cling to.

14 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

The unopened reel or the finished fender? :D

14 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I purchased a cheap reel of 8 mm, possibly 10mm, I can't remember, black polypropylene rope off Ebay for my go at fender making.

Still on the stern of the boat.

Jen

That sounds like my reel, somewhere in the shed, I made two from a kit and thought I may need more, but once boating I started harvesting them, picked up dozens in the past 18 years, some very smart ones

19 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That sounds like my reel, somewhere in the shed, I made two from a kit and thought I may need more, but once boating I started harvesting them, picked up dozens in the past 18 years, some very smart ones

Lets dispel this misconception right now! The inner fender on the stern is commercial. The outer one was made by me from my Ebay reel of polyprop. ?

Around four years ago, if I remember correctly. Not as neat, or is that knot as kneat, as one made by someone with more practice, but I was happy with it.

Jen

fender.jpg.55035602660b0256f98865f76afff77e.jpg

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies