New Fradley marina

PaulD

Featured Posts

It's by Common lock inbetween on the offside. Access from the lower pound.

There has been a boat fitting out business there on the bank for several years, predominately using JD Narrowboats shells.

Looks like there are some posh berths and a workshop being built.

Screenshot_20201217-161235_Maps.jpg

15 minutes ago, PaulD said:

Has anyone seen / know anything about the new marina being built between Fradley and Alrewas? Good location and not too big with 60 berths. Looks a bit posh / expensive according to the website.

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It's by Common lock inbetween on the offside.

They couldn't call it Common Lock Marina, if it is going to be posh.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Workshop :o -  24/7 grinding, hammer forge, and bits of sheet steel being continuously dropped from height. And the soporific sound of high pitched routers. 

Encouraging. Sounds like my sort of people.

• Greenie 2

5 minutes ago, PaulD said:

Encouraging. Sounds like my sort of people.

I might have my facts wrong, it could be a poodle shampooing parlour. But I've moored near workshops before. It might be worth finding out exactly what that is going to mean, for the peace and quiet. It might not be noticeable. 

Edited by Higgs
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Higgs said:

Workshop :o -  24/7 grinding, hammer forge, and bits of sheet steel being continuously dropped from height. And the soporific sound of high pitched routers. 

I doubt if they will be building any shells there.

2 hours ago, Higgs said:

I might have my facts wrong, it could be a poodle shampooing parlour. But I've moored near workshops before. It might be worth finding out exactly what that is going to mean, for the peace and quiet. It might not be noticeable. 

Theyve been fitting out boats for at least 5 years there ....so should know what they are doing....and know enough about boaters and moorers to not work at 2am.