??? Descaler options for macerator loo with steel pipes & tank ???

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

My Jabsco mascerator recommends replacing the joker valve every couple of years. I have done it once and it was easy, not filthy or over-smelly.

I've read about this, but my Jabsco Macerator exploded diagram doesn't show anything called a Joker Valve.  Does it masquerade under another name?

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

image.png.2eecc8c9fccf1d8fb1a5985def8d3d6a.png

Thanks for this DC. The Joker is in that pack! Sadly, mine's different though. Can't remember what model (Deluxe or something) and Boris said that it's naughty to go to my boat so it may be a while 'til I find out. I appreciate your help though. :)

12 hours ago, Ian F B said:

When I was employed by British Gas as a vending machine technician,we used citric acid crystals to descale the boilers,about 2 tablespoons per litre,leave for 20 minutes and flush.2 applications if really furry!!?

There are gas boilers in vending machines? Well, there's a surprise for me!

18 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

Saniflo descaler is safe for steel holding tanks - I asked them and they confirmed it is safe to use.

Thanks. Any idea why the destructions for it say that you have to disconnect the electrical supply to the toilet before using the descaler? ?

1 hour ago, BlueStringPudding said:

Thanks. Any idea why the destructions for it say that you have to disconnect the electrical supply to the toilet before using the descaler? ?

Just a guess, but most macerators are in houses and it’s possible some will auto pump from time to time, or it’s to stop someone flushing it when it should be soaking.  Other than that no idea.  I don’t disconnect mine when descaling.

added - had a look at typical domestic units - some (most) domestic macerator units are separate to the toilet and also deal with waste water from washbasins, bidets and even baths, so have an auto switch-on pump.  So disconnect the unit to avoid premature pumping.

Edited by Chewbacka
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Ah, I see - it's the broader "not just gas" part of British Gas. I get it now, ta.

:)

Machines were installed in all offices,canteens and works depots,my patch was Sheffield,Rotherham,Derby,Nottingham,Lincoln based in Leicester,best job I ever had!?

4 hours ago, Ian F B said:

Machines were installed in all offices,canteens and works depots,my patch was Sheffield,Rotherham,Derby,Nottingham,Lincoln based in Leicester,best job I ever had!?

Ah, so I didn't get it second time around either - the machines were in British Gas workplaces, not in other premises and being serviced by British Gas. I must try harder to keep up!  :blush:

• Happy 1