Audlem Gathering of Historic Boats 2021

Hastings

Featured Posts

We're planning the annual gathering of historic boats at Audlem, which will be held on 24/25 July 2021 (Boris permitting).  Already, 20 boats have booked in.  Please email info@audlemmill.co.uk with any enquiries or to book a boat in, or phone Peter on 01270 811059 (applications can only be accepted for ex-working boats built up to 1962).  Please note that we do not have commercial stands at this event.

• Love 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/03/2021 at 22:04, Hastings said:

We're still hoping to go ahead with the event on 24/25 July (Boris permitting!)  We have 27 boats booked in, so there's space for a few more. Please contact us to book a place.

Can I book my usual position on the Weaver aqueduct please?? ???

Looking forward to this event as always! 

11 minutes ago, frangar said:

Can I book my usual position on the Weaver aqueduct please?? ???

Looking forward to this event as always! 

Sorry, but we can only reserve places within the three pounds we use for the event, so we have no control over who moors around the Weaver aqueduct.  It will be first come, first served.  Best of luck!

Peter

7 minutes ago, Hastings said:

Sorry, but we can only reserve places within the three pounds we use for the event, so we have no control over who moors around the Weaver aqueduct.  It will be first come, first served.  Best of luck!

Peter

I was only joking Peter!! As we were once described as a “Well presented welded boat” we know our place! ?

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Just had email from organisers cancelling due to the Covid restrictions slow down.

Not surprised. Very sad for organisers ( thanks so much for trying). 
Maybe next year.

Oh Boo! Thats put a bit of spanner in the summer boating plans....was rather looking forward to that!...At least Peter has given some notice...I expect many more events will be pulled over the summer now too thanks to the change of plan both canal and land based.

Interestingly the Festival of transport at Audlem on the 25th July is still going ahead according to the facebook page....so If a load of boats were to moor up for that........

https://www.facebook.com/audlemaset/

Edited by frangar

44 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Just had email from organisers cancelling due to the Covid restrictions slow down.

Not surprised. Very sad for organisers ( thanks so much for trying). 
Maybe next year.

That's a shame. I was assuming that as it is after 19 July it wouldn't be affected. I can't go by boat this year, but was hoping to turn up by car and say hello to a few people.

37 minutes ago, frangar said:

Oh Boo! Thats put a bit of spanner in the summer boating plans....

It is tricky indeed to finalise one's summer plans at the moment. Will the Cropredy Festival take place? Will the Alvecote gathering go ahead?

1 minute ago, Athy said:

It is tricky indeed to finalise one's summer plans at the moment. Will the Cropredy Festival take place? Will the Alvecote gathering go ahead?

I thought Id heard that Alvecote was already cancelled...but I might be wrong about that....Cropredy was still going ahead last I heard from the crew but given how things seem to be going who knows....

As you will know, the Government has postponed the removal of COVID restrictions until 19 July – at the earliest.  The Downing Street briefing last night also particularly highlighted the significant, and growing, number of cases of COVID in the north west, which Audlem is in.

In these circumstances, it is impractical to go ahead with this year’s Gathering of Historic Boats at Audlem on 24/25 July.  Beside the work and expense that would need to be committed over the next few weeks, there can be no guarantee that the date will not be put back again.  We are also very concerned about the significant growth in COVID cases anticipated in the north west over the next few weeks.

We are therefore sorry to announce that we must cancel this year’s event, and we are sure you will understand the reasons.  But please accept our apologies.

Hopefully we should be ok for next year!  The event will be on 30/31 July 2022, and we hope to see you then.

Peter and Christine Silvester

Audlem Mill

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, frangar said:

Oh Boo! Thats put a bit of spanner in the summer boating plans....was rather looking forward to that!...At least Peter has given some notice...I expect many more events will be pulled over the summer now too thanks to the change of plan both canal and land based.

Interestingly the Festival of transport at Audlem on the 25th July is still going ahead according to the facebook page....so If a load of boats were to moor up for that........

https://www.facebook.com/audlemaset/

Hi

Sorry it's off, but I' sure you can understand why.  I'll check our Facebook and web pages!

Peter

27 minutes ago, Hastings said:

Hi

Sorry it's off, but I' sure you can understand why.  I'll check our Facebook and web pages!

Peter

Yes Peter. The extension of semi lockdown has affected loads of things. Frustrating for all concerned.