Bimini canopy on a widebeam?

blackrose

Featured Posts

If you are going to be at Newark then I can recommend these folks, did an excellent job for us, came out measured up for a quote. Then came and did a detailed measure up, then cam back with it 'in the rough', everything maked up to fit, back to the workshop, then back for the final fitting and installation.

Not the cheapest quote but worth the money - quality costs.

Marine & Industrial Covers

Address: Marine Studios Burton Lane End, Burton Waters, Lincoln LN1 2WN

Hours: 
Closed ⋅ Opens 8AM Sat

11 hours ago, David Mack said:

Just out of interest, why are you so keen on what is effectively a canopy with no sides, no front and no back? It won't keep the cold and wet out, and the number of days when the sun is so hot that a sun shade would come in handy are surely not enough to justify the cost.

i wondered that too! We have a pram hood cover on our Sea Otter on which we can remove panels and have it in several different forms from fully enclosed to dropped down on the roof and  apart from a very hot sunny day, I can't think when we would use it with just the top. 

haggis

12 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

@Kinver Canopies are well regarded by many

So much so in fact that they obviously don't need the work and don't reply to enquiries.

13 hours ago, Loddon said:

Have you tried Tim Garland?

https://www.garlandhoods.co.uk

He did my hood and at 5 years old it still looks like new.

Thanks for the details.

12 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If you are going to be at Newark then I can recommend these folks, did an excellent job for us, came out measured up for a quote. Then came and did a detailed measure up, then cam back with it 'in the rough', everything maked up to fit, back to the workshop, then back for the final fitting and installation.

Not the cheapest quote but worth the money - quality costs.

Marine & Industrial Covers

Address: Marine Studios Burton Lane End, Burton Waters, Lincoln LN1 2WN

Hours: 
Closed ⋅ Opens 8AM Sat

Thanks

12 hours ago, David Mack said:

Just out of interest, why are you so keen on what is effectively a canopy with no sides, no front and no back? It won't keep the cold and wet out, and the number of days when the sun is so hot that a sun shade would come in handy are surely not enough to justify the cost.

Did you read my original post? I don't like pram hoods and one wouldn't work for me single handling.

If a small umbrella can keep the rain off I think a 3m x 3m canopy would keep the rain off me from the steering position. I tend not to go out in very windy conditions so that's not an issue and I disagree that the number of days when the sun is too hot justifies the cost of a sun shade. It would also make the stern deck more useable in hot weather when the boat is moored.

Justification of cost is different for different people. I'm sure you spend your money on lots of things that I couldn't justify for myself.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

10 hours ago, blackrose said:

Did you read my original post? I don't like pram hoods and one wouldn't work for me single handling.

If a small umbrella can keep the rain off I think a 3m x 3m canopy would keep the rain off me from the steering position. I tend not to go out in very windy conditions so that's not an issue and I disagree that the number of days when the sun is too hot justifies the cost of a sun shade. It would also make the stern deck more useable in hot weather when the boat is moored.

Justification of cost is different for different people. I'm sure you spend your money on lots of things that I couldn't justify for myself.

Thanks for the explanation.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:31, blackrose said:

So much so in fact that they obviously don't need the work and don't reply to enquiries.

Hi 

We are flat out at the moment trying to insure our customers are safe and warm for Christmas, We also have a lot of COVID work that needs manufacturing in the way of covers and screens.  It's only myself ( Ian) that replies to the online quotes, I've allowed myself One day a week to do this whilst the rest of the time I'm up to my ears in manufacturing and design.

I strive to get everyone done but occasionally I may miss one, called away by Phone call, staff question customer arriving etc...

Think I've replied to you now.