Help Removing Calorifer connection

toppy007

Featured Posts

One way would be to clamp the hoses to and from the engine. A couple of bits of plywood each side of each hose to spread the load and prevent the hose being damaged, then clamped up in G-cramps will stop coolant getting through. A bigger version of the hose clamps used when working on car hydraulic brake systems.

It might be better to seal the connections at the calorifier end. Do you have a photo of the coil connections to the cauliflower?

Jen

5 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

One way would be to clamp the hoses to and from the engine. A couple of bits of plywood each side of each hose to spread the load and prevent the hose being damaged, then clamped up in G-cramps will stop coolant getting through. A bigger version of the hose clamps used when working on car hydraulic brake systems.

It might be better to seal the connections at the calorifier end. Do you have a photo of the coil connections to the cauliflower?

Jen

Exactly what I did last week to change my thermostat!??...But I used mole-grips and bits of ply.?

Those connections need remaking properly anyway. They are a bodge.

Pushing plastic hose onto copper pipe and a hose clip is going to leak or blow off one day.

The best way is to set an olive onto the end of the pipe first with a compression fitting and then insert it and clip over the hose past the olive. Or spend money and use proper hose tails on the copper pipe.

If you can find some 5/8" or 15mm dowel bits of it pushed into the pipes will seal.  Hep2O do make 15mm plugs for jobs like this.  Clamping the hose closed may damage it and necessitate cutting the ends off.