Paid boat crew?

Allthatjaz

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, Allthatjaz said:

. The only thing that worries me is the river Ouse. Last time I saw it, it was flooded and a real fast torrent with trees and stuff in it. Whilst I'm used to sailing on fairly high seas, I'm also used to having safe open water, a keel and not a flat bottomed boat. The only experience we have with locks is our huge shipping lock 

I don't suppose the Ouse has changed 

I am struggling to picture what your boat looks like  and to understand if it is capable of the journey.

1 hour ago, Allthatjaz said:

Reading through these forums makes me realise how little I know about the UK waterways. I guess its going to be a whole knew learning curve and hopefully a great adventure. I'm very excited!

2 minutes ago, Allthatjaz said:

Its a 60ftx12ft flat bottomed wide beam 

That's close to ideal for living on and navigating most of the Northern system!  You can't do some parts (Huddersfield Narrow, Huddersfield Broad or the Calder & Hebble) but you'll be able to explore the rest if that's your thing.

4 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Thanks TB, we had built her with the intention of taking her to the French canals but alas, my other half got cancer and just as he was getting through it, I was diagnosed with NHL so we feel safer staying here. She's lovely to live on but she's going to be a bit of a pain on the canals we want to visit. I think its best she gets sold on and we get ourselves a decent sized narrowboat. 

That's close to ideal for living on and navigating most of the Northern system!  You can't do some parts (Huddersfield Narrow, Huddersfield Broad or the Calder & Hebble) but you'll be able to explore the rest if that's your thing.