Penpals

Featured Posts

Alison, Does your resident have access to the internet? If so show him the thread below, which started off as a general pick-me-up, and has morphed into a fascinating thread of "on this day" photographs covering the whole of the UK waterway network and a fair sprinkling of continental views, over the last 40 years or so.

• Greenie 2

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Hi Alison. Ive just sent a postcard via touch note. The address comes up as Solihull care housing association so I hope thats correct.

Cheers

Tim

I hadn't heard of touchnote but just had a look. I'll send something as I possibly will know the person as my parents worked at alvechurch marina and we had a boat moored there from around '78 to '90.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Rob-M said:

I hadn't heard of touchnote but just had a look. I'll send something as I possibly will know the person as my parents worked at alvechurch marina and we had a boat moored there from around '78 to '90.

I use touch note to send stuff to mum in her care home due to damned covid restrictions. It's a good app ?

• Greenie 1

Good Afternoon, I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time to write. You've really made "canal enthusiast" smile! He has been really chatty since receiving your post and it's fantastic to see. Best wishes and (is it too early?) a very Merry Christmas to you all. Alison x

• Greenie 3
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, alisonlonnon@scha.org.uk said:

Good Afternoon, I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time to write. You've really made "canal enthusiast" smile! He has been really chatty since receiving your post and it's fantastic to see. Best wishes and (is it too early?) a very Merry Christmas to you all. Alison x

Thank you for updating us.

3 hours ago, alisonlonnon@scha.org.uk said:

Posted a  canal picture Christmas card today with a bit of a 'chat' about Alvechurch in it.Glad he's enjoying the cards/letters etc.

Edited by The Bearwood Boster

I will jump in on this too over the weekend.  Used to be a boat builder,  so will make it chatty! Wonderful idea, good on you ?

Edited to add...

I hope when I'm old and knackered, someone might think of something like this to cheer me too!

Edited by Ally

1 hour ago, Ally said:

I will jump in on this too over the weekend.  Used to be a boat builder,  so will make it chatty! Wonderful idea, good on you ?

Edited to add...

I hope when I'm old and knackered, someone might think of something like this to cheer me too!

What do you mean " when " ?

• Haha 1