Shower sump pump

Grangersboatsworks

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Grangersboatsworks said:

Hi everyone, I’m helping a friend she needs a shower sump auto pump, she doesn’t have a lot to spend and is in the Chester area, is there any chance anyone out there has one for sale today ? Thank you all in advance 

When you say 'sump auto pump', are you meaning the normal shower pump such as a 'gulper' or the "Automatic bilge pump in a tupperware box" type ?

Rule Rule-Mate Automatic Bilge Pump 12V | Force 4 Chandlery

If the latter then any bilge pump will do the job, but they are not recommended for shower applications as they quickly become blocked with greasy water and hair.

A proper Whale Gulper pump is priced between £100 & £150

Whale Gulper 220 Shower Pump 12V - BP1552 - Shower Trays & Pumps - Discount Marine Chandlery and Sailing Equipment. Bargain Boat Spares and Clothing (marinescene.co.uk)

Whale Gulper 320 Multi-Purpose Waste Pump - 12V | Force 4 Chandlery

or about £270 from a 'domestic' plumbing merchants

Whale Gulper Shower Waste Pump For Shower Tray | Shower Pump (plumbnation.co.uk)

I reckon if you ordered any of those you'd have it by Saturday (probably just as quick as anyone on the forum having one and posting it to you)

Edited by Alan de Enfield

5 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Why does she urgently need this pump today? I know 6 days without a shower isn't ideal, but hardly the end of the world?

To quote the old song "Life gets tedious don't it?":  "I've heard it said and it's true I'm sure that too much washin' weakens yer."

Edited by Man 'o Kent

The OP doesn't say (and may not know as it is not his boat) if there is anything other than the shower that is connected to the sump box. If, for example, there is a washbasin which also drains via the sump then fitting a gulper may not be the complete answer.

Hi all sorry been crazy busy this week and for some reason I don’t get updates to say people have replied unless I login in, so we managed to arrange a gulper, it’s my preference but like some said £100+ can be a bit off putting to new boaters. Never less a second hand one in perfect working order was bought for £25 with that day delivery. Thanks for the help ladies and gents. Stay safe out there 

• Greenie 1

20 hours ago, Grangersboatsworks said:

Hi all sorry been crazy busy this week and for some reason I don’t get updates to say people have replied unless I login in, so we managed to arrange a gulper, it’s my preference but like some said £100+ can be a bit off putting to new boaters. Never less a second hand one in perfect working order was bought for £25 with that day delivery. Thanks for the help ladies and gents. Stay safe out there 

You can fit the gulper on the floor or on a vertical bulkhead as long as that's with the motor above or at the same height as the waste water part at the head of the pump. The motor should never be below the pump head. Also fit it without any filter. I think they should be fitted with a 5 amp fuse.

• Greenie 1