Galvanised buckets for coal

LadyG

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Loddon said:

For putting as in it has to be

http://www.tippyash.co.uk/ash-carriers.php

Not cheap, but good, my present one is 10+ years old having spent the first 9 years with me as a livaboard.

I’ve got tippy copies at home and on the boat. Good for keeping ash mess down when emptying the fire. Seem good at rust resistance. The one on the boat sits under the gunnel in the cratch and no problem with CO in the boat. 

7 minutes ago, Ianws said:

I’ve got tippy copies at home and on the boat. Good for keeping ash mess down when emptying the fire. Seem good at rust resistance. The one on the boat sits under the gunnel in the cratch and no problem with CO in the boat. 

Take care if you have vents that terminate under the cratch

Fair point. The stove is usually emptied in the morning when mostly cool. Still some  occasional embers at times. The tippy has a lid, not airtight but something. We have CO alarms onboard. We don’t have a cratch cover. 

Edited by Ianws
Clarification

23 hours ago, LadyG said:

I can see that "ignored" posters have posted, and guess what, it's always the same people, which is why the subject has it's own thread.

This one was a neighbour in Goole Marina, spent his time gossipping with all the rest of the inmates, I had to warn my visitors not to divulge our business, he would stop them before they got out their vehicle and before they came on to my boat. Spent his life looking out the window. It's beyond 'nosey', it's psychopathic

I think its safe to assume that if he and everyone else made you the topic of conversation it is unlikely they were the problem. 

22 hours ago, Joe Bourke said:

I have tried my utmost to resist posting on your threads but I feel you have massively over-stepped the mark here.  

I have just been down to talk to your old neighbours and as I thought they haven't a clue what you are talking about.  They don't do forums and such,  and didn't have a clue about the CWDF.  You are completely out of order calling any of them stalkers or psychopaths.  You have made many accusations against your old neighbours without them being able to defend themselves and give their side of the story.   They are at this very moment trying to find the CWDF and hopefully challenge some of your statements.

You will be calling me a stalker now I suppose, that seems to be your modus operandi.

Well done for uncovering the falsehood, often difficult in the virtual world which unfortunately gives oxygen to this type of malicious fantasy. 

• Greenie 4

On 02/12/2020 at 19:37, TheBiscuits said:

Ah, but if you get your Roving Trader's licence then it's a work trip, innit, so it's permissable ...

Bugger - Now I need to work out how many coal scuttles we can display and store on and under the tug deck so we can go boating ;)

Sadly it's forever home didn't work out, kismet or no kismet so roving traders licence it must be ...

Unless anyone else wants to give it a home?

28 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

That's a surprise, (she seemed so keen on it).

On the other hand, I was surprised when she said she would buy it as she had said she was looking for something narrow. 

Hope it gets a good home, Cheshire Rose. 

haggis