Galvanised buckets for coal

LadyG

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Morning, I need two, where can I get them, not rubbish things, proper tough stuff.

...and yet further proof to wonder why people should help when you cant even be bothered to say please or even offer evidence of having looked for yourself. 

29 minutes ago, dor said:

Whilst I do not want to get involved in your personal slanging match, I do think Mr Chagall has a point.

I've no idea, I have him on ignore, he has stalked me for two years, including when I lived in the marina where he is an inmate.

I don't have to put up with it, it's a criminal offence.

Anyone can hide behind a pseudonym, but they cannot hide behind an isp number.

Only a creep would spend his life making up malicious gossip, and spend two years of their pathetic lives following other people.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I've no idea, I have him on ignore, he has stalked me for two years, including when I lived in the marina where he is an inmate.

I don't have to put up with it, it's a criminal offence.

If you have him on ignore how did you know he had posted nobody quoted him he could have been saying something not about you?

I am interested to know how anybody posting in a thread on an open forum can be classed as stalking somebody.    That means we are all being stalked if a reply is posted to one of our posts.

EDIT to add I would try agricultural merchants for your buckets any we have had from our local one were good.

Edited by Jerra
  • Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, Jerra said:

If you have him on ignore how did you know he had posted nobody quoted him he could have been saying something not about you?

I am interested to know how anybody posting in a thread on an open forum can be classed as stalking somebody.    That means we are all being stalked if a reply is posted to one of our posts.

EDIT to add I would try agricultural merchants for your buckets any we have had from our local one were good.

I can see that "ignored" posters have posted, and guess what, it's always the same people, which is why the subject has it's own thread.

This one was a neighbour in Goole Marina, spent his time gossipping with all the rest of the inmates, I had to warn my visitors not to divulge our business, he would stop them before they got out their vehicle and before they came on to my boat. Spent his life looking out the window. It's beyond 'nosey', it's psychopathic

Edited by LadyG
  • Horror 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Chagal, do you really want me to send the police to interview the inmates?

Stop stalking me, it's been two years, you need psychiatric help

You get notifications when an ignore post is made, so just don't open them or respond to them! 

If you are on fb, search "canal cans" good quality galv trad styled goods.

59 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I can see that "ignored" posters have posted, and guess what, it's always the same people, which is why the subject has it's own thread.

This one was a neighbour in Goole Marina, spent his time gossipping with all the rest of the inmates, I had to warn my visitors not to divulge our business, he would stop them before they got out their vehicle and before they came on to my boat. Spent his life looking out the window. It's beyond 'nosey', it's psychopathic

I have tried my utmost to resist posting on your threads but I feel you have massively over-stepped the mark here.  

I have just been down to talk to your old neighbours and as I thought they haven't a clue what you are talking about.  They don't do forums and such,  and didn't have a clue about the CWDF.  You are completely out of order calling any of them stalkers or psychopaths.  You have made many accusations against your old neighbours without them being able to defend themselves and give their side of the story.   They are at this very moment trying to find the CWDF and hopefully challenge some of your statements.

You will be calling me a stalker now I suppose, that seems to be your modus operandi.

• Greenie 2

23 minutes ago, Ally said:

You get notifications when an ignore post is made, so just don't open them or respond to them! 

If you are on fb, search "canal cans" good quality galv trad styled goods.

I don't use fb, thisvplace is bad enough, I don't read their posts, but they also spead maliscious gossip. Of course there are alawys people wii,ing to spread the gossip, snd those people post on here. I never get an apology, I have bern assaulted, as well as being verbaly abused.

13 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Oh Bucket, I've just remembered. I got one for someone from Screwfix, they had to order it in though. Even galvanized buckets rust through after a while if you put stove ash in them, couple of winters maybe.

A stainless steel milk pail from an Agricultural dealer is proably the best - but it will 'cost'.

Edit :

£41 for a 12 litre SS one from Nisbets.

£27 for a 12 litre 'heavy duty' galvanised one from RS

Cheap 'house designer / fancy decoration' buckets are avaiable from about £10.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Bourke said:

I have tried my utmost to resist posting on your threads but I feel you have massively over-stepped the mark here.  

I have just been down to talk to your old neighbours and as I thought they haven't a clue what you are talking about.  They don't do forums and such,  and didn't have a clue about the CWDF.  You are completely out of order calling any of them stalkers or psychopaths.  You have made many accusations against your old neighbours without them being able to defend themselves and give their side of the story.   They are at this very moment trying to find the CWDF and hopefully challenge some of your statements.

You will be calling me a stalker now I suppose, that seems to be your modus operandi.

Just now, bizzard said:

Oh Bucket, I've just remembered. I got one for someone from Screwfix, they had to order it in though. Even galvanized buckets rust through after a while if you put stove ash in them, couple of winters maybe.

Yes,

Screwfix was my first port of call, but they get bad reviews, I exprect two years eould be good enough.

2 minutes ago, bizzard said:

They do very quickly corrode when stove ash is put in them.Probably due to the acids in the ash.

A stainless steel bucket would be better,although dearer.

I am thinking of the ones used in the food industry.

I think I paid as much for a galvanised one from a hardware store as Amazon are quoting for a stainless one but you have to wade through loads of serve stuff up in type containers to find it. About £12 I think. I want if for an ash bucket but fear the grade of stainless used won't be much better than steel.

3 hours ago, Chagall said:

...and yet further proof to wonder why people should help when you cant even be bothered to say please or even offer evidence of having looked for yourself. 

Please do not try to reduce a perfectly sensible thread to the level of otiose bickering.

Jo's post began with a cheery greeting.

We have never expected members to provide accounts or evidence of previous searching when they post an item-wanted topic.

The opening post was, therefore, totally acceptable.

30 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I don't use fb, thisvplace is bad enough, I don't read their posts, but they also spead maliscious gossip. Of course there are alawys people wii,ing to spread the gossip, snd those people post on here. I never get an apology, I have bern assaulted, as well as being verbaly abused.

Then I suggest an old fashioned farm or hardware shop empty of stalkers

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, haggis said:

What about a coal scuttle? I assume you can still get these.

Haggis

I've got a coal scuttle, one, but it's too fat to sit inside the hearth, I have two buckets, one fits inside the coal scuttle, and the other is about 5l, but it's nearly time expired. I sort of fill them all up when weather is nice, but I need two new ones now. 

Coal scuttles seem to be fairly expensive, but the main thing is it needs to be fairly narrow., and I'm not sure they will stand hot ash. 

Edited by LadyG

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

Please do not try to reduce a perfectly sensible thread to the level of otiose bickering.

Jo's post began with a cheery greeting.

We have never expected members to provide accounts or evidence of previous searching when they post an item-wanted topic.

The opening post was, therefore, totally acceptable.

Manners costs nothing, but do continue defending those who also curtly suggest to others that they use the search facility. 

10 minutes ago, Ally said:

Then I suggest an old fashioned farm or hardware shop empty of stalkers

Yes, I've rung round, they are going to get back to me. I'll let you know if I am successful. So far I've not found an old fashioned place,  maybe antique shops will open this week, but they were closed a month ago.

Edited by LadyG