Cheap widebeam liveaboard project

tehmarks

Featured Posts

Alan Pease has been supplying these for many years and there are quite a few lived on on such as the A nd C and the northern rivers, a bloke lived on one next to my widebeam at Woodlesford that was shortened to about 100 feet. Loads of room for him and the missus and a bedroom each for each of his three kids. It was the first boat he had ever driven or owned and they loved it. A good idea if you have the skills and money available to sort it out. ?

• Greenie 1

I love the idea of getting it cut in half, you keep one halfand he sell the other half, sort of BOGOF for boats.

I don't know much, but I had some idea that there are historic boats that don't have to pay if they are in the APB area near Goole, certainly would costalot at CRT rates.

Edited by LadyG

I'm amazed that it's not worth more than £15000 in scrap. Seems incredibly cheap for what is a awful lot of steel (and potentially work to chop it!) when you consider that a duff old narrowboat will still sell for £10000 easily.

That said, I suspect there's somewhat more demand for duff old narrowboats.

Edited by tehmarks

2 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

That would cause quite a stir on the Huddersfield Narrow as it is.

Would need not only cutting in half,but also slicing down the middle.

Seems like a lot of effort to go to just to be turned around at the portal of Standedge ?

15 minutes ago, tehmarks said:

Seems like a lot of effort to go to just to be turned around at the portal of Standedge ?

Been up the HNC several times for a jolly,but you can only go as far as lock 32E unless you have booked passage through Standedge.

Fibreglass and petrol powered are not allowed to transit the tunnel,both of which apply to me.

I have been through the tunnel when I owned a steel narrowboat,and I found it a cold,and wet miserable experience,so I don't think I am missing much.

• Greenie 1