E bay delivery

Timx

Featured Posts

Hi, as a cc, I am trying to buy a generator off e bay,  I am near northwich, it will have to be delivered by private courier. I have never done this before, I have put in a bid, and if successful I will pay on top the postage. Which I have messaged to the seller. But where can I get it to be delivered to. Pubs shut , local marina only open a few hours a day, usual drop off points via e bay , Amazon won’t take a heavy generator, Honda eu201, any advice options, I have not thought of apart from a long drive to a relative to pick it up. ?

plus what is the protocols on them delivering to me.

Edited by Timx

18 minutes ago, Timx said:

Hi, as a cc, I am trying to buy a generator off e bay,  I am near northwich, it will have to be delivered by private courier. I have never done this before, I have put in a bid, and if successful I will pay on top the postage. Which I have messaged to the seller. But where can I get it to be delivered to. Pubs shut , local marina only open a few hours a day, usual drop off points via e bay , Amazon won’t take a heavy generator, Honda eu201, any advice options, I have not thought of apart from a long drive to a relative to pick it up. ?

plus what is the protocols on them delivering to me.

If you are stuck, I could take delivery for you, we are 8 miles from Northwich, and fetch it to you in our car. PM me if you need help.

• Greenie 4

If you are on the canal then the services at  Anderton are easy access for delivery. I've had Majestic there a few times and the coalboat stocks up there.

If you are on the river then Acton Bridge VM is also easily accessible.

It always feels a bit strange, but I've had things delivered to me countless times since March at random canal-side locations, both by courier and Royal Mail. If you can get your boat to somewhere you can give an obvious address for, I wouldn't hesitate to go with that.

Royal Mail, perhaps surprisingly, are better at the game than couriers. Royal Mail have yet to fail to deliver to places such as 'circus box office, Stonehaven Common', 'rey/red/black boat reg 12345, canal basin' or 'grey/black/red boat reg. 12345, near this house'. I had one courier drop off at the house (whose occupier was really quite friendly, thankfully), and I've had Amazon disappear a parcel outright having made it to the occupier of the aforementioned house and been told to walk thirty seconds down the towpath. No other problems whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

If you are stuck, I could take delivery for you, we are 8 miles from Northwich, and fetch it to you in our car. PM me if you need help.

That’s so kind thank you, if I can’t get it sorted, I will pm you.

1 hour ago, pearley said:

If you are on the canal then the services at  Anderton are easy access for delivery. I've had Majestic there a few times and the coalboat stocks up there.

If you are on the river then Acton Bridge VM is also easily accessible.

Thanks, but I can’t stay on the services all day, and they can arrive 8 till 8 , that’s the main problem for me.

56 minutes ago, tehmarks said:

It always feels a bit strange, but I've had things delivered to me countless times since March at random canal-side locations, both by courier and Royal Mail. If you can get your boat to somewhere you can give an obvious address for, I wouldn't hesitate to go with that.

Royal Mail, perhaps surprisingly, are better at the game than couriers. Royal Mail have yet to fail to deliver to places such as 'circus box office, Stonehaven Common', 'rey/red/black boat reg 12345, canal basin' or 'grey/black/red boat reg. 12345, near this house'. I had one courier drop off at the house (whose occupier was really quite friendly, thankfully), and I've had Amazon disappear a parcel outright having made it to the occupier of the aforementioned house and been told to walk thirty seconds down the towpath. No other problems whatsoever.

I see, but its being somewhere close to see the delivery man arrive, I am between the salt barge and Anderton on the canal.

You could have it delivered to Middlewich Wharf Chandlery. If you need it bringing up northwich way then we can Bob it up in the van (if you'd like buy from us some coal, logs, Kindling, gas etc at the same time wouldn't be a wasted journey for us and would be appreciated - virtuous circle of life and all that ?). 

• Greenie 4