Where's this?

bizzard

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Photo by Peter Marsh from Railway Herald.

584278.jpg

The Calder ^ Hebble Navigation. The Navigation Inn is on the left just through the bridge. The lock is Broadcast Top Lock. Its very easy to get your tiller caught under those walkways if you are distracted by gongoozlers.

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

That's me out, then. I thought it was a tube train.

The train is a Northern clas 150.

3 minutes ago, Skeg said:

The Calder ^ Hebble Navigation. The Navigation Inn is on the left just through the bridge. The lock is Broadcast Top Lock. Its very easy to get your tiller caught under those walkways if you are distracted by gongoozlers.

Nearly. Either you've spelt the name of the lock wrong or Peter Marsh has.:)

Edited by bizzard

3 minutes ago, Skeg said:

'Broadcast'?

I think your spellchecker has got the better of you!

(Should be Broadcut / Broad Cut).

3 minutes ago, David Mack said:

'Broadcast'?

I think your spellchecker has got the better of you!

(Should be Broadcut / Broad Cut).

:clapping: You've got it Broadcut.  You didn't cheat though did you and saw it on the Railway Herald website.:unsure:

Edited by bizzard

6 minutes ago, dmr said:

That's the answer to a 1000 pub quiz questions, where to London Underground trains run over the sea?

..................Dave

I'vegot a ticket to Ryde - oo oo  and the old rolling stock's not there anymore...

Its a scary ride, I reckon the track was laid in the days of steam trains chugging along at 15 miles an hour and the old underground trains went much much faster, its amazing they stayed on the rails. The bit of that line that is now a steam railway is wonderful, a proper branch line where they still rattle along at a fast walking pace.

.................Dave

46 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

I'vegot a ticket to Ryde - oo oo  and the old rolling stock's not there anymore...

46 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

That's it.:clapping: Did you mean the steam operated system? it is still running.

And another. Photo by Laurence Sly.       Hint.  It's crossing a creek beginning with C.    Second letter Y

538444.jpg

Edited by bizzard

20 minutes ago, dmr said:

Its a scary ride, I reckon the track was laid in the days of steam trains chugging along at 15 miles an hour and the old underground trains went much much faster, its amazing they stayed on the rails. The bit of that line that is now a steam railway is wonderful, a proper branch line where they still rattle along at a fast walking pace.

.................Dave

At Haven street by John Neave. 2013

300055.jpg

2 hours ago, Skeg said:

Especially if your boat is 60ft

3 minutes ago, dmr said:

My wife lived on the IoW for many years and was a potter, the Havenstreet station craft fair was one of the highlights of the year.

What with the railway context of the topic, I misread that as "a porter".

2 hours ago, Skeg said:

Rain as usual then, look at the rainbow

1 hour ago, dmr said:

.................Dave

If you look at the pre 1967 timetables, you find that the services were faster under steam.

3 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Easy, peasy!

(But then we live there)

Get that 1938 stock while you can.

The line is closed from the start of January to be reopened at the end of March with new stock.

(Well new for us but refurbished 1978 stock really)

At least it is now postwar stock, next time round it will be 21st century stock in 2045