Walsall basin is deep - official

springy

Featured Posts

Only been there two or three times, but did note that the local lads like to drink lager, strip naked and swim across the basin at about 1AM to impress their girlfriends.

Its a bit anti social because it makes them shout "f*ck**g hell its cold" very loud and this wakes up the boaters.

I suspect the CRT balloon will add a bit of extra entertainment for them.

.................Dave

• Haha 2

Totally  stupid and wasteful effort by C&RT.  I despair. 

Can they not see that wasting money like this when there are so many outstanding repairs waiting is not why they were put in charge?

Is it time that boaters took command of our own canals?  Surely even we crumblies and mental defectives could do no worse? 

Edited by Tracy D'arth
Grammatical correction
  • Greenie 2

4 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

I’m impressed, I haven’t seen workers move that fast in years.

Must be volunteers!!?:P

Instead of wasting more of our money telling us the water is deep there...How about dredging the miles of canal that are too shallow!!.:banghead:

Edited by Leggers do it lying down
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

It isn't know how this was funded so it may not have been a waste of license payers money, it might have been funded through a local Walsall council fund to stop the locals jumping in the basin without warning. It might be the result of a potential litigation that there wasn't adequate warning of deep water and therefore saving £1000's in the long term.

12 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It isn't know how this was funded so it may not have been a waste of license payers money, it might have been funded through a local Walsall council fund to stop the locals jumping in the basin without warning. It might be the result of a potential litigation that there wasn't adequate warning of deep water and therefore saving £1000's in the long term.

All the same,it is still public money being spent...And it is a dumb idea!.?

30 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Why the heck did they put an inflatable bauble up as a sign if that was the case! ?

22 minutes ago, BWM said:

They seem to be obsessed with messing up the aesthetics with blue stuff, junk signage and the like.

I sometimes wonder,who owns the company making all of the junk??...And how much profit do they make?!.?

15 minutes ago, Leggers do it lying down said:

I sometimes wonder,who owns the company making all of the junk??...And how much profit do they make?!.?

Crt was a Cameron creation and being as the signs, etc., are blue...perhaps another transfer of money to their chums?

• Greenie 1

Unfortunately in a society where some are ready to litigate at the drop of a hat or at the very least cause a 'social media storm' when their precious one does something stupid like 'fall in' and comes to harm I guess they are just trying to mitigate.