Euro Millions Lottery

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

Friday's Euro Millions lottery jackpot currently stands at £144million. Lets just say that you won! You'd probably want to keep 5 mil or so for yourself so you might have 140 odd million to give away. If you decided to give it all to a canal restoration project with a purpose of actually getting it open to navigation which project would you choose? I suppose you could probably do a few.

Personally I'd like to see the Manchester, Bolton and Bury canal opened with a little side order of the Runcorn locks from the Bridgewater down to the Manchester Ship Canal.

• Happy 1

Slough arm to near Windsor. Except that Eton wouldn't sell the land for all the tea in china. 

ETA I know this is a project that forum member Tam Murrell  @tam & di has previously advocated. 

Edited by magnetman

42 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

We don't want all those water gypsies coming here from the midlands.

Quite agree, we aready have to many of the freeloaders on the Middle Level as it is. But time is running out for them, for in the new year, the velvet glove will be replaced with the iron fist.

35 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

The Cotswolds canal.  I'm not sure I would be willing to just give away a cheque for that amount though without some agreement on how they would use it.

^^^This + Wilts & Berks canal. It would add over 100 miles to the network! But might need more than £144m 

52 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

The Cotswolds canal.  I'm not sure I would be willing to just give away a cheque for that amount though without some agreement on how they would use it.

Just give them £40m

Keep the rest for yourself and buy up some cotswold farm beside the pub and the canal

• Haha 1

On 26/11/2020 at 20:11, Rob-M said:

Yes - £130 million spent on committees, surveys, feasibility studies only for them to conclude it’s not possible with only £10 million left in the fund.

On 26/11/2020 at 19:42, Alway Swilby said:

>> If you decided to give it all to a canal restoration project with a purpose of actually getting it open to navigation <<

I wouldn't. There are many more important things need doing. 

13 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

£155 million jackpot on Tuesday, will you be tempted?

No.

With Premium Bonds you get to keep your stake. With the National /Euro Lotteries, you don't.

We've discussed this before on the forum, but the chances of winning the big prize are so small that they are effectively zero. If anyone lacks the basic numeracy to understand this, feel free. 

On 28/11/2020 at 12:19, mrsmelly said:

I may buy a ticket some day, but I doubt it.

I won't. ..

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

With Premium Bonds you get to keep your stake. With the National /Euro Lotteries, you don't.

We've discussed this before on the forum, but the chances of winning the big prize are so small that they are effectively zero

Ditto with Premium Bonds. But because the prize money has to be funded out of interest on the stake rather than half the total stake money on the National Lottery (the other half going to good causes), the prize fund is correspondingly less.