Day trips...

robtheplod

Featured Posts

ok, looking at the different tiers and as we live in tier 2, but the boat lives in tier 3 overnights are a no no. I can't see anything that prevents daytrips though unless anyone knows/has seen anything different?

The end of the lockdown looks awfully like ......... a lockdown... :(

3 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

ok, looking at the different tiers and as we live in tier 2, but the boat lives in tier 3 overnights are a no no. I can't see anything that prevents daytrips though unless anyone knows/has seen anything different?

We are in tier two and it says:

Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas

5 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

In Tier 3 the likes of campsites are not allowed to open (except for residents),

In the past, marinas have followed the 'campsite' rules so it may be worth checking to avoid a wasted journey.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

In Tier 3 the likes of campsites are not allowed to open (except for residents),

In the past, marinas have followed the 'campsite' rules so it may be worth checking to avoid a wasted journey.

If marinas follow the campsite rule they will be closed in Tier 3.

accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses must close. 

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

We are in tier two and it says:

Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas

Also I have read that B & Bs and campsites will be closed in tier 3. Last time residential marinas were grouped with campsites and caravan sites. 

7 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

can’t you day trip it out of the 3 area into a two area then stay over. You are avoiding travel in the three by coming out of it, by going into the two.
It says avoid. Not can’t.

Besides all those in three will be firing into the shopping centres on the day of unlock...

This is why it’s nonsense. A friend Living in tier 3 works in tier 2. Guess what nurses can’t work from home so, she takes herself from a ‘plague zone,’where people get their hair cut and shop unfettered, to work with vulnerable people.

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

If marinas follow the campsite rule they will be closed in Tier 3.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Also I have read that B & Bs and campsites will be closed in tier 3. Last time residential marinas were grouped with campsites and caravan sites. 

I asssumed that "not allowed to open"  would be read as "they will be closed"

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

On the other hand if they class as leisure facilities:

leisure and sports facilities may continue to stay open

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I was merely quoting from the govt website to a) back up your point and b) give exact wording

• Happy 1

8 minutes ago, Jerra said:

That is very hidden isn't it!  I wish this was all much clearer..... on the another page, with the official posters Tier posters: Medium, High and Very High - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) it clearly says on the Tier 3 Very High Alert "We advise against overnight stays other than with household or support bubble." - seems you can decide which version of the message you abide by???  maybe print this out and keep it in the car!!

Edited by robtheplod

2 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

That is very hidden isn't it!  I wish this was all much clearer..... on the another page, with the official posters Tier posters: Medium, High and Very High - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) it clearly says on the Tier 3 Very High Alert "We advise against overnight stays other than with household or support bubble." - seems you can decide which version of the message you abide by???  maybe print this out and keep it in the car!!

The page you link to does sya:

Avoid entering a Tier 3 area, other than where necessary such as for work or education.   (Under travelling in Tier 2)

The question is would the authorities consider a day boating trip necessary.

27 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

can’t you day trip it out of the 3 area into a two area then stay over. You are avoiding travel in the three by coming out of it, by going into the two.
It says avoid. Not can’t.

Besides all those in three will be firing into the shopping centres on the day of unlock...

This is why it’s nonsense. A friend Living in tier 3 works in tier 2. Guess what nurses can’t work from home so, she takes herself from a ‘plague zone,’where people get their hair cut and shop unfettered, to work with vulnerable people.

As an aside interestingly some nurses can indeed work from home.

My daughter can. In fact its a requirement of her role so would be anyway regardless of lockdown.

She works for these guys.

https://www.healios.org.uk/services

Ha just realised that my boat is about 1 mile into a tier 3 area.

I will exercise the 10 miles over through the Northants Warwick border, using my bike .

Once  in the exclusion zone (I will dodge the happy shoppers) core strength exercise is required ( winding paddles) will bring me back to the sunny uplands of Northants and I can take my essential trip to the chandlers.

I have exercised, avoided driving in a tier 3 and supported a local business.
That puts my public service above most politicians.
Wont bother going back to Warwickshire, I’m sure there will be canal blocks.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

As an aside interestingly some nurses can indeed work from home.

My daughter can. In fact its a requirement of her role so would be anyway regardless of lockdown.

She works for these guys.

https://www.healios.org.uk/services

I spent many years as a nurse basically working out of my car with a laptop, and mobile. I just used to ring in at the end of the day to say I was still alive.

The area I covered was pretty vast. 
However it also required going into others homes.

17 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

I will exercise the 10 miles over through the Northants Warwick border, using my bike .

Once  in the exclusion zone (I will dodge the happy shoppers) core strength exercise is required ( winding paddles) will bring me back to the sunny uplands of Northants and I can take my essential trip to the chandlers.

Ah, but not before 12th Dec. Buckby closure longer than expected.

20 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

There is always one that wants to find a was around the the rules.

Its no wonder we are where we are !

Sad smiley emoticon Royalty Free Vector Image - VectorStock

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

There is always one that wants to find a was around the the rules.

Its no wonder we are where we are !

Sad smiley emoticon Royalty Free Vector Image - VectorStock

The word driving is used as if it is only that which is banned.  The actual word the government uses is travel on a bike you are travelling IMO.

The word driving is used as if it is only that which is banned.  The actual word the government uses is travel on a bike you are travelling IMO.

Um interesting. Under the current guidelines you can exercise which is what I am doing, and stop (should you wish for a rest). 
I am currently in training for next years masters uci world championships like every year. So I am exercising. I frequently use the lanes round where the boat is moored as it’s only 10 miles from our house, and have only stopped at it once in the last 3 weeks to pump the hold out.

I guess post next week I should not enter Warwickshire even for exercise purpose, that’s quite mad, as everyone there will be going shopping.

So many pitfalls.

We currently shop every three weeks and other than exercise don’t go out, as you should, we are trying to comply, not get round.

I suspect a crt email will clarify soon.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Look at the timing of posts, they were being written as yours was delivered. Not a case of failing to comprehend. 

7 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Um interesting. Under the current guidelines you can exercise which is what I am doing, and stop (should you wish for a rest). 
I am currently in training for next years masters uci world championships like every year. So I am exercising. I frequently use the lanes round where the boat is moored as it’s only 10 miles from our house, and have only stopped at it once in the last 3 weeks to pump the hold out.

I guess post next week I should not enter Warwickshire even for exercise purpose....

Yes you should, if you need to pump boat out, that is essential maintenance.

1 minute ago, roland elsdon said:

So many pitfalls.

We currently shop every three weeks and other than exercise don’t go out, as you should, we are trying to comply, not get round.

I suspect a crt email will clarify soon.

Surely if you are trying to comply you will train close to your home area and make sure you don't train in a tier 3 area.   What would you have done if like Scotland and Wales (at times) travel was limited to 5 miles or so.   Using exercise as a reason for going into a tier 3 area is IMO making excuses to do what you want to rather than what science advises.

I would however put pumping out the hold in the essential reasons for travel, assuming it can be done without meeting other people.

51 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

I spent many years as a nurse basically working out of my car with a laptop, and mobile. I just used to ring in at the end of the day to say I was still alive.

The area I covered was pretty vast. 
However it also required going into others homes.

Ditto.

But my time doing it was before laptops or mobiles.