Residents of Bridge Quay in utter shock that a boat has moored!

doratheexplorer

Featured Posts

they just happened to talk to a single "resident" who wished to remain nameless and also had intimate knowledge of how the boat came to be there and was making all the right complaining noises that you would put forward in an official-type complaint?

smells like a set up interview to further their cause to me

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Its certainly not the prettiest of boats, but calling it a monstrosity is maybe a tad too much.

I does look like a real boat

This was a separate posting that the forum bunged together

This is the village I live in and this is the view of just two residents who live opposite each other, It only takes one to make the headlines and this made the front page. There has not been an accident in the village in the past 25 years https://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/rushmere-suffolk-calls-to-reduce-60mph-speed-limit-6442700

Edited by ditchcrawler

20 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

This is the village I live in and this is the view of just two residents who live opposite each other, It only takes one to make the headlines and this made the front page. There has not been an accident in the village in the past 25 years https://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/rushmere-suffolk-calls-to-reduce-60mph-speed-limit-6442700

I must admit I had a smile at the thought of a speeding tractor!! All the ones on the roads near here seem to have an upper speed of 20mph .

haggis

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Over 30 years of working in planning and highways I have come to associate the words "utter chaos" with rural communities who haven't got enough to worry about. 

When there is a real problem, the communities seem to present facts rather than histrionics

2 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

Over 30 years of working in planning and highways I have come to associate the words "utter chaos" with rural communities who haven't got enough to worry about. 

When there is a real problem, the communities seem to present facts rather than histrionics

I've noticed how the level of histrionics almost exactly match how few actual issues there are.

The longer the complaint the less likely there are any real problems, the number of mentions of, h&s, children, old people or any other particular victims the less real risk is present.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

O they do about 40 round here,

... and no way can they stop in time to prevent an accident if a child runs out, I can't remember the wording in the Highway Code, but I had additional lessons, and while rarely overtaken except by speeding drivers, driving aggressively is the main reason for accidents, imho. 

Lorries are just as bad, they always seem to be in a hurry, the bigger they are, the more they seem to maintain a constant speed.

Edited by LadyG

51 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

Both parties are retired and spend too long looking over the gate. Even 30 MPH is to fast for that lane through the village and I doubt very few do more than that. O and the photo of the T junction is actually a mile and a half away in the next village

Edited by ditchcrawler

6 minutes ago, Slim said:

I was told that even the most powerful tractors are limited to either 17 or 27 mph. (can't remember which) 

No, that changed a couple of years ago when the weight limit was increased to (I think) 32 tonnes.

If they have air-brakes they can do 40mph.

See section 2 on the Governement website :

Tractors and regulatory requirements: a brief guide September 2017 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Edited by Alan de Enfield

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

... and no way can they stop in time to prevent an accident if a child runs out, I can't remember the wording in the Highway Code, but I had additional lessons, and while rarely overtaken except by speeding drivers, driving aggressively is the main reason for accidents, imho. 

Lorries are just as bad, they always seem to be in a hurry, the bigger they are, the more they seem to maintain a constant speed.

I think the residents of Bridge Quay might be happier if the Ebenhaezer was speeding past in a hurry.