Nest stat with a Webasto Thermo Top C

Markblox

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Gazmann said:

With the gate opener system does the existing webasto controller still work?

Yes, my timer wiring ran to a choc block at a bulkhead where it joined the eber wiring. I just wired the Gate opener into the choc block so both systems operated the Eber.

• 11 months later...
On 01/02/2022 at 10:19, Jen-in-Wellies said:

The one I did, I wired the thermostat in to the loom between the existing Webasto controller and the Webasto itself. All the controller does is send a run signal to the Webasto, according to whatever times you've programmed in to it. Done this way, the thermostat sends the run/don't run signal instead, by connecting two of the wires. I can't remember which two though.

Hi Jen, I'm looking at doing this.... did you ever recall which two wires needed connecting?  :)

4 hours ago, robtheplod said:

Hi Jen, I'm looking at doing this.... did you ever recall which two wires needed connecting?  :)

Unfortunately not. Also can't find a manual on line with sufficient resolution to make out wire colours in the plug. One way to do it could be to put a multimeter on the plug that goes to the controller. One pin will be at +V. One will be ground, the other two should be join to start. Once you've identified the +V one, joining combinations of the other three and seeing if it starts the heater should eventually find you the ones you need. This was a couple of years ago though, so I may be misremembering. It may all go bang though. If you have the manual, scan the wiring diagram at high resolution, plus the wire colour key and PM me, or post it here.

7 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Unfortunately not. Also can't find a manual on line with sufficient resolution to make out wire colours in the plug

https://www.butlertechnik.com/downloads/Webasto_Heater_Thermo_Top_C_E_&_Z_Installation_Manual.pdf

from

https://www.butlertechnik.com/technical_library/thermo-top-c-d27

3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Thanks yes. I just did a search through my main PC's file system and found them.

Right. Ignore what I said in my previous reply. The connector that goes to the Webasto timer is a four pin one, but has three wires, with one pin unused. Red is +V, brown is 0V and black is the start signal from the timer. I assumed that black would be 0V, but this turned out to be wrong. It is brown. I can't remember if the black "run" wire is connected to ground, or +V to start the heater. I'd try connecting the black to brown and see if that starts it and if it doesn't, connect it to red to see if that works. One does, but I can't remember which!

Jen

webasto.png.6e0c3f8c8ce17609d63c286913e6fa15.png