Member list

Tam & Di

Featured Posts

I just had cause to look at a member's details and went to it via "Member Map". While I was there I decided to see what was shown on my own, but ...... my user name (nor my 'proper' name) is not on the list. I'm clearly a member as I can write this - can other people see their own name, or can you only see everyone else?   ?

Tam

2 hours ago, Tam & Di said:

I just had cause to look at a member's details and went to it via "Member Map". While I was there I decided to see what was shown on my own, but ...... my user name (nor my 'proper' name) is not on the list. I'm clearly a member as I can write this - can other people see their own name, or can you only see everyone else?   ?

Tam

You aren't shown on the Members map, presumably because you have not given a location, but you are on the "members" list

image.png.6804a7b01b8083d24ff357c187a0dae4.png

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Blimey I have never looked at or contributed to the map and just looked at it and I am shown as being in Tbilisi,  Georgia ?

I've heard it's quite nice at this time of year.

Will you bring us some rock back?

• Haha 3

Right - I've entered a French address and I'm now on the map. Unfortunately I'm shown at right the opposite end of the country to where I actally am, but at least I exist. I might change the address though 'cos it's bloody cold right here now. Somewhere with decent wine - Marlborough, New Zealand should be good.

Tam

• Greenie 1

Sadly, the map is only for the earth. Wouldn't be able to place some members who, lovely, knowledgeable and sharing of that wisdom they may be, do seem to be on another planet, in a parallel universe at times. Long may they be so, makes life so much richer.

eta: of one who I was thinking could well be off earth, it seems they are out in the middle of the Pacific. Now who is going to tempt fate by going for the Mariana Trench?

Edited by BilgePump