Very smart Dawncraft

LadyG

Featured Posts

Just browsing on Apollo Duck, spotted a Dawncraft 30, a beautiful upgrade by a real boatbuilder. Wiltshire.

I didn't post a link, as I'm never sure about that sort of thing on here.

No connection.

Google

unique dawncraft 30 

Will bring up this one and images of loads of others.

Edited by LadyG

It looks very smart.Looks like a widebeam from the photos and rather like a broads cruiser.

I wasn't aware that dawncraft made such a boat.Apart from the Highbridge Crusader and the Dawncraft Rover,which were "traditional" narrowboat style,they were known for a range of grp cruisers 

11 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Apart from the Highbridge Crusader and the Dawncraft Rover,which were "traditional" narrowboat style,they were known for a range of grp cruisers 

The Dawncraft Dandy was a very popular boat and even used 'coastal' being cathedral hull made it a very stable fishing platform. Surprisngly spacious for a 19 footer, slept 2 easily.

Dawncraft dandy original brochure (jonesboatyard.co.uk)

Dawncraft Dandy 2 Berth Cabin Cruiser Boat for sale from United Kingdom (boats-from.co.uk)

Another interesting dawncraft was the 37 foot gin palace they made. There are a few of these on the Thames. Always nice to see something a bit different to the bland and incredibly boring GRP clones like Sheerline, Broom etc. 

A pretty wicked boat I reckon 

http://www.broadlandyachtbrokers.co.uk/boats/266

800x330

Edited by magnetman
  • Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Another interesting dawncraft was the 37 foot gin palace they made. There are a few of these on the Thames. Always nice to see something a bit different to the bland and incredibly boring GRP clones like Sheerline, Broom etc. 

A pretty wicked boat I reckon 

800x330

I can see myself doing a few night time channel crossingson that , a touch of stealth about her.

Edited by LadyG

Dawncraft of Wroxham

3 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

It looks very smart.Looks like a widebeam from the photos and rather like a broads cruiser.

I wasn't aware that dawncraft made such a boat.Apart from the Highbridge Crusader and the Dawncraft Rover,which were "traditional" narrowboat style,they were known for a range of grp cruisers 

Dawncraft of Wroxham

"This gallery deals exclusively with the Broadland boatbuilder, not the company producing canal boats. "

Yes I thought Dawncraft were on the Oxford canal near Kings Sutton lock. Possibly this is where they were hired from ? 

Didn't realise it was two different companies but the difference between the narrow ones and the other ones is quite remarkable. 

Thanks for pointing this out as I had been a little surprised that the people who make the narrow beam GRP with the wooden batten rubbing strakes had also made the much larger boats...

Edited by magnetman

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

Yes I thought Dawncraft were on the Oxford canal near Kings Sutton lock. Possibly this is where they were hired from ? 

Didn't realise it was two different companies but the difference between the narrow ones and the other ones is quite remarkable. 

Thanks for pointing this out as I had been a little surprised that the people who make the narrow beam GRP with the wooden batten rubbing strakes had also made the much larger boats...

Interesting history here:

http://www.boat.la14.uk/pages/dawncraft-history.php

but it does not explain how the Dawncraft of wroxham came about.