Is there a time delay to some posts ?

Featured Posts

I have noticed this on a number of occasions.

This morning I replied to a question when there was no other answers,

My answer appeared in the thread located immediately after the question.

Subsequently other answers have appeared between the question and my answer - one was timed 15 minutes before my reply, and the other 5 minutes before my reply.

Are some of my posts being witheld / delayed for some reason ?

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Subsequently other answers have appeared between the question and my answer - one was timed 15 minutes before my reply, and the other 5 minutes before my reply.

Yes, I've noticed that delay for some time now.

• Greenie 1

1. It may depend on how long it takes your service provider or the servers at any of the jumps to forward the content. I use a paid for email provider while my wife uses Microsoft, her emails often get delayed, mine rarely do. Maybe hers have to cross the Atlantic twice.
Edited by Tony Brooks

Perhaps the censor is giving your posts more scrutiny than others.?

Just now, Mad Harold said:

Perhaps the censor is giving your posts more scrutiny than others.?

I thought that, then thought maybe its is 'others' who are having their post scrutinised and when OK'd they are released but then show the time they were originally posted, rather than the time they were 'released'.

Dunno !

I thought that, then thought maybe its is 'others' who are having their post scrutinised and when OK'd they are released but then show the time they were originally posted, rather than the time they were 'released'.

Dunno !

If you are referring to the Tesco advert thread when your post appeared after mine and Athy's, but said much the same thing as we did, I can confirm my post did appear as soon as I posted it and my posts are not being subject to any additional scrutiny that I am aware of.

17 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

If you are referring to the Tesco advert thread when your post appeared after mine and Athy's, but said much the same thing as we did, I can confirm my post did appear as soon as I posted it and my posts are not being subject to any additional scrutiny that I am aware of.

It is odd.

Mine appeared (to me) immediately and there were no earlier answers at that time.

I have noticed it happening on several occasions but never thought any more about it - however it does make one 'look a bit daft' when saying exactly the same as other replies 15 minutes or so prior.

28 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I have noticed it happening on several occasions but never thought any more about it - however it does make one 'look a bit daft' when saying exactly the same as other replies 15 minutes or so prior.

There's nothing wrong with agreeing with people (though a few of our members may disagree!)

To the best of my knowledge, your posts are not being scrutinised "behind the scenes".

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:
  1. It may depend on how long it takes your service provider or the servers at any of the jumps to forward the content. I use a paid for email provider while my wife uses Microsoft, her emails often get delayed, mine rarely do. Maybe hers have to cross the Atlantic twice.

The video links the Government and other bodies that use them are often out of phase. Mouth movement not in sinc with what they utter, stopped talking but their mouths still working and many of the links are from local folk not travelling about 7,000 miles. :)

1 minute ago, malp said:

I have noticed posts that quote an (obviously) earlier post, where I have been unable to see the quoted post.  Which seems like a variant of the issue the OP rasied.

Thankyou - that has reminded me - I have had the same.

You read a post where a previous post is quoted, and think "I dont remember that post" go back to the time that the 'quote' shows it was posted and the post is not there.