Mike Stevens dies

Featured Posts

I have been away for a few days and have been surprised to find no mention of the sudden death of Mike Stevens. He was one of the prime movers of the SOW campaign, devoted much time and money in maintaining the SOW website. He was actively involved in the restoration of the London Canal Museum and the activities of the IWA.

His funeral is to held on 15th October at 11-00am at Bradwell Crematorium, Newcastle under Lyme and his widow, Wendy has said that any friends who wish to attend are welcome to do so. She further says that do not worry about coming in scruffy clothes as she herself has no "feminine attire" with her as they were so far from home. For a fuller report please visit Narrowboatworld.

I will be travelling to N.U.L from Rugby and will have space in the car for anyone who does not have access to a car along my route. If anyone wants to take up this offer, please PM me and we will see what can be arranged.

Tony.