Tesco Christmas Advert Includes a NB

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Foggy66 said:

I find it a sad reflection on society that Christmas TV adverts from major retailers are headline news. 

Well it's a break from the depressing headlines the media have been filled with since March 2020.

36 minutes ago, Foggy66 said:

I find it a sad reflection on society that Christmas TV adverts from major retailers are headline news. 

But at least it's a feel good news story don't you think, there are complaints when 'news' is always bad. 

nope...the cynic in me won, I admit it certainly helps Tesco and I applaud the marketing of it.

Edited by Chagall
cynicism will not be denied...sigh

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 21:30, ditchcrawler said:

Well I have seen the add on TV several times now and they look to have cut the canal bit out

Depends which version they use. The boat was back in recently.

12 hours ago, blackrose said:

Sorry, what's the news story? I thought this thread was about an advertisement?

Sorry, what is the question?   I was responding to the fact that the OP showed the advertisement to be newsworthy, at least to the Yorkshire Evening Post.

My post also went on to say:  "I admit it certainly helps Tesco and I applaud the marketing of it." 

The article in the YEP finishes with this comment: “It’s really relatable and we hope it resonates with people and gets them talking.”

Seems good news to me, amongst all the Covid negatives.