Great Canal Journeys

haggis

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You may be onto something there. He's quite a knowledgeable chap and he's usually seen in competitive situations where it's necessary that he draws upon that and presses it home. I guess that his accent means he can come across a bit aloof and a bit of a clever dick as opposed to simply a quite clever, but here he's particularly self-deprecating. Perhaps this programme might win him a few new friends?  Not me though - I already like him! :)

Hang on! just a minute!!

He’s rather good and competitive in that super programme.

Edited by Nightwatch
  • Haha 1

I was a big fan of Tim & Pru’s GCJ’s and genuinely thought the new version would be like opening a present at Christmas and it not being what you expected despite the apparent shape suggesting otherwise. 

well I gave it a go and have to say I throughly enjoyed it! The pair of them are wonderful and Shelia especially. Great new series which I look forward to evolving. 

• Greenie 1

On 16/11/2020 at 12:17, doratheexplorer said:

Pie & Mash, with lots of liquor, is something I'd buy every day if I could! You've got to get it from the right places though.

If you are ever in Worcester, call in to the King Charles pub, their award winning pies are something else, my personal favourite is the Kate and Sidney (Steak and Kidney) pie with Garlic mash (other types of flavoured mash available). Mouth watering waiting for end of lockdown.

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, BrandyMark said:

If you are ever in Worcester, call in to the King Charles pub, their award winning pies are something else, my personal favourite is the Kate and Sidney (Steak and Kidney) pie with Garlic mash (other types of flavoured mash available). Mouth watering waiting for end of lockdown.

That is probably a Pieminister pie.

On 16/11/2020 at 15:05, Loddon said:

In the days when I worked under the arches at Camden Road,  Castle's Pie and Mash shop was my go to place for Lunch.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d733560-Reviews-Castle_s-London_England.html

Well I followed your link, and found the price range £12 - £12 !    So they have a captive audience, sell only one thing, and take a huge mark-up?

Still, that's London.  I think I'll stick to Food at reasonable prices.

• Greenie 1

26 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I can't see any more episodes coming up, have they cancelled the rest?

I think I recall seeing that there were only going to be two programmes (for now) - part one and part two. Shame, I would happily watch more. 

On 16/11/2020 at 12:58, doratheexplorer said:

If you want Pie&Mash.  You go to East London, not Lincoln!

Thats a long way to go - back in the early '80s I was working in East London, a great area but big problems with the Sharks - I couldn't believe that the locals were happy that the sharks were caught in the shark-nets on the way BACK OUT to sea, rather than on their way into shore.

1Gonubie

The type specimen of the Coelacanth, a fish previously believed to have become extinct some 80 million years ago, is on display at the East London Museum.

5761556604_437729b3bf

They were selling pies, but no mash

Shamrock Pies have been manufactured in East London, Eastern Cape since 1973 where it was founded by an Irish confectioner who has always believed in 

attention to detail ......................................

11222895_943933572316697_5468267009837967575_n

Edited by Alan de Enfield

12 hours ago, BrandyMark said:

I've been there a few times.  Nice pies, and see the other current thread about Craddocks on here.  Not the same as East End Pie & Mash though.

Have you seen the hidden skeleton in there?  Ask behind the bar...

13 hours ago, MrsM said:

I think I recall seeing that there were only going to be two programmes (for now) - part one and part two. Shame, I would happily watch more. 

I thought that I had read that only the first two episodes were completed before the first lockdown stopped all filming. Since then it has been reported that they have made two more which are in post-production no doubt (turning reality into fantasy?)

3 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

I thought that I had read that only the first two episodes were completed before the first lockdown stopped all filming. Since then it has been reported that they have made two more which are in post-production no doubt (turning reality into fantasy?)

They were filming at Stourport in September.

16 hours ago, BrandyMark said:

Personally I prefer the snake and pygmy pie! ??