Deacon Blue Narrow Boat Where Are You??

Chief80

Featured Posts

My parents in law owned a narrow boat called 'Deacon Blue' they had it built in 2005 lived on it for 9 years in Leicester and sold it in 2014. I was wondering if anyone on here owns it now or has seen it on there travels? It would be nice to see it again and know where it has been or lives now ?

This one?

Deacon Blue Built by Lees Narrow Boats - Length : 17.67 metres ( 58 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.01 metres ( 0 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 42 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 512926 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

If so, it's still licenced.

Edited by Sea Dog
Licence checked

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This one?

Deacon Blue Built by Lees Narrow Boats - Length : 17.67 metres ( 58 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.01 metres ( 0 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 42 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 512926 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

If so, it's still licenced.

Does this list still reflect on whether a boat is licensed, or even still in existence?

All the entries show last updated 2013.

1 minute ago, Ally said:

I knew this boat, moored at Meadow farm in the past, infact we fitted a dinette for them, between builds. Nice couple. I haven't seen it recently but then I've been away from the water most of the last 5 years.

Yes thats were they were were moored 

6 hours ago, Chief80 said:

My parents in law owned a narrow boat called 'Deacon Blue' they had it built in 2005 lived on it for 9 years in Leicester and sold it in 2014. I was wondering if anyone on here owns it now or has seen it on there travels? It would be nice to see it again and know where it has been or lives now ?

I think a guy called Fergus might own it, he sings the blues don’t you know....

9 hours ago, dor said:

Does this list still reflect on whether a boat is licensed, or even still in existence?

All the entries show last updated 2013.

That was when the last update came from BW/CRT for it - Getting any decent quality licence data from CRT isn't very easy nowadays. My request this year never got a response.

5 minutes ago, StephenA said:

That was when the last update came from BW/CRT for it - Getting any decent quality licence data from CRT isn't very easy nowadays. My request this year never got a response.

See Post #2 - the boat holds a current licence. Checking is very easy nowadays: pop the reg. number into the CRT licence checker online. Google will find the right webpage for you. Hope that helps you with whatever your request was about. :)

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

See Post #2 - the boat holds a current licence. Checking is very easy nowadays: pop the reg. number into the CRT licence checker online. Google will find the right webpage for you. Hope that helps you with whatever your request was about. :)

I was explaining why the last update date on the boat index on canalplan was set to what it was.

47 minutes ago, StephenA said:

I was explaining why the last update date on the boat index on canalplan was set to what it was.

Well you said...

17 hours ago, StephenA said:

Getting any decent quality licence data from CRT isn't very easy nowadays. My request this year never got a response.

So that's why I attempted to help you.

I think I may have not realised that your information needs were not as simple as that. :)