Private Moorings

Martin R

Featured Posts

55 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Waterways World magazine publishes a list every year, but it doesn't include all such places.  Your best option is to walk the towpath to find the sites, then go and talk to the moorers to find out what the position is.

Completely agree. The inland waterways system whilst not what it once was is still a place were face to face means more than telefone manner. I have had some superb spots to moor over the years much like as now when it was talking in person to the landowner and them knowing of me that meant far more than anything else. 

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Completely agree. The inland waterways system whilst not what it once was is still a place were face to face means more than telefone manner. I have had some superb spots to moor over the years much like as now when it was talking in person to the landowner and them knowing of me that meant far more than anything else. 

Presumably that was before they went to Specsavers?

(just kidding!)

The only place I can think of is Foxton Boat Services who have a few moorings. There are no private moorings on the Market Harborough arm and I can't think of any heading towards Leicester or above Foxton locks. There are some CRT moorings in Foxton village and at Kilby Bridge.

13 minutes ago, Richard T said:

The only place I can think of is Foxton Boat Services who have a few moorings. There are no private moorings on the Market Harborough arm and I can't think of any heading towards Leicester or above Foxton locks. There are some CRT moorings in Foxton village and at Kilby Bridge.

I asked Foxton boat services but they said the berths are CRaT but maybe better face to face 

5 minutes ago, Martin R said:

I asked Foxton boat services but they said the berths are CRaT but maybe better face to face 

Just interested in why you specifically say "not a C&RT mooring or a marina".

Surely a mooring that meets your needs is what you want, irrespective of who owns it.

Are you looking for a mooring that isn't on C&RT waters so does not need the boat to be licensed, as even 'private' farmers field moorings will require the boat to be licensed if the boat is on C&RT waters.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

4 minutes ago, Martin R said:

I am in a marina now and just want to be more remote, I am on the CRaT website for moorings and nothing available that’s suitable in the area, hence I don’t need info on their moorings.

I have noticed that at times C&RT have mooring vacancies but for some reason don't advertise them. It may be better if you are proactive and if you see one that you contact C&RT and ask them about it rather than waiting for them to advertise it.