Spit 'n polish PRO600

LadyG

Featured Posts

OK, shopping in Morrissons (no connection), spottted a huge stand with electric toothbrushes, one seemed to be all singing 'n dancing, with flossing and plaque removal, stains removed, sugar and polish, it works (I bought oralB pro expert toothpaste with 'sugar shield'), but not for long, the charging plug is two pins,close together, not sure where I can get the adapter, not in morissons anyway, or screwfix. 

Edited by LadyG

18 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003A28C3W/

one of those? other tax-avoiding retailers are available ;) 

I am not sure, I am looking for round pins, they look squared off. , I wanted to use a local store, as I need to send it to a locker in town, a step too far.

PS I don't know how to get a free bus pass as my postal address is in Leeds, and the Council seems not to have a free anything, seems oriented to local residents only.

I am moored up to have plenty of isolation, but need to use a bus or a taxi, or both, to get in to town. The government pay councils per bus pass issued, if that is the case I should/would be able to apply to Nottingham, where I am.

I don't quite understand why it is localised and not nationalised.

Edited by LadyG

The two pin plugs are the same as shavers and are designed for the isolation transformer outlets permitted in (UK) bathrooms.

Note that they are slightly different to the European two pin plugs, which most three to two pin adapters cater for.  But can usually be persuaded to fit with a bit of pushing.

eta: the one in the link should work if it is a shaver adapter not a eu adapter. If you look at the holes you will see that they take round pins and flat ones, not “squared off”.

Edited by dor

12 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Maybe because :

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The government pay councils per bus pass issued,

You have answered your own question.

Why would Leeds council (who are struggling for money) want to pay for Nottingham council to issue a bus pass ?
I'm sure Nottingham would be grateful.

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Maybe because :

You have answered your own question.

Why would Leeds council (who are struggling for money) want to pay for Nottingham council to issue a bus pass ? Leeds would profit from my purchase of a Leeds Pass, which is open to Leeds residents, and includes other services, not just the free bus pass. Services which I would be unlikely to use.

Leeds would be refunded by the UK Government for the bus pass .
I'm sure Nottingham would be grateful.

Why? I am not staying in Notts, permanently, but while I am here, I am using the shops, ie contributing more to the economy than I am taking out.

In Scotland it is not localised. No reason why it is different in  E&W.

Each Council gets paid per bus pass issued, it would pay Notts to issue as many passes as possible, not the other way round, as far as I can see local buses offer limited services, geared to school children, and the OAP's use them during the day.

Edited by LadyG

43 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I am not sure, I am looking for round pins, they look squared off. , I wanted to use a local store, as I need to send it to a locker in town, a step too far.

PS I don't know how to get a free bus pass as my postal address is in Leeds, and the Council seems not to have a free anything, seems oriented to local residents only.

I am moored up to have plenty of isolation, but need to use a bus or a taxi, or both, to get in to town. The government pay councils per bus pass issued, if that is the case I should/would be able to apply to Nottingham, where I am.

in the pic you can see our house shaver socket, an adaptor for 3-pin, and an OralB charge cable. Toothbrush will charge in all of them.

i should imagine if you look at the "travel" section of a large supermarket they'll have one with the other adapters

IMG_8875.jpg

On 13/11/2020 at 08:34, LadyG said:

Do a bit of research, on line if poss.  I live on Tyneside and got my (aged person's) bus pass locally.  Have used it in York's/Lancs a few times.  In theory you just scan your card on their pass reader (national validity) although the local readers don't seem to like my card and the driver has to key in the multi-digit number manually, much to the annoyance of driver and fellow passengers.

12 hours ago, Opener said:

Do a bit of research, on line if poss.  I live on Tyneside and got my (aged person's) bus pass locally.  Have used it in York's/Lancs a few times.  In theory you just scan your card on their pass reader (national validity) although the local readers don't seem to like my card and the driver has to key in the multi-digit number manually, much to the annoyance of driver and fellow passengers.

I asked Notts CC and they responded with an online application, I 'm not sure if it will work as I am only temporarily resident. I can't visit my postal address, and they can't visit me, might try poste restante.

Edited by LadyG

On 13/11/2020 at 09:03, LadyG said:

In Scotland it is not localised. No reason why it is different in  E&W.

Each Council gets paid per bus pass issued, it would pay Notts to issue as many passes as possible, not the other way round, as far as I can see local buses offer limited services, geared to school children, and the OAP's use them during the day.

Thats because Scotland throw money around like it isnt theirs!!

• Greenie 1