National 2DM governor assembly

Al_Bart

Featured Posts

Good evening. I’m in the finishing stages of rebuilding and restoring a National 2DM and i’m stuck on the governor assembly. Does anyone have any photos or drawings of how it all goes together? I’ll try and upload some photos. Thanks in advance. 

Have you looked at the archive/manuals section of the Internal Fire museum website? They have a National D manual, among various other National manuals.  Don't know if it covers what you need.

Similarly a RN DM2 manual may help if you can find one.   If not try the RN register. They are friendly folk.

N

Thank you for this, i shall look at the internal fire website. The RN governor and National ones are very different, I’m sure there must be a few National owners on there. I’ll definitely follow these up. Thank you  - much appreciated 

If billybobbooth is still on here - he can tell you. Or ask Redshaws of Braunston. Or see the manual I have just sent you (assuming the forum rules allow you to receive it after 2 posts. If not - bang in a few more replies.
Sorry - the Manual file was too big to be allowed and it won't accept pdf files anyway. I have sent you my email address so I can attach it to a reply.

Edited by canalboat

Welcome to the forum Al.   Nice to see Dove afloat.

RLWP from this parish may well be able to help.  I know he has rebuilt vintage governors etc for forumites.

His business is called Primrose Engineering near Coventry.   http://www.primrose-engineering.co.uk/

PS we first met you at Puttenham when we were rebuilding the little tug Pintail. 

22 minutes ago, Al_Bart said:

Thank you for this, i shall look at the internal fire website. The RN governor and National ones are very different, I’m sure there must be a few National owners on there. I’ll definitely follow these up. Thank you  - much appreciated 

We do indeed have a number of National owners in the RN Register as well as a top engineer who could help. Msg me if you want any pointers

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 10:20, jake_crew said:

Welcome to the forum Al.   Nice to see Dove afloat.

RLWP from this parish may well be able to help.  I know he has rebuilt vintage governors etc for forumites.

His business is called Primrose Engineering near Coventry.   http://www.primrose-engineering.co.uk/

PS we first met you at Puttenham when we were rebuilding the little tug Pintail. 

Ah amazing! How nice to hear from you. How are you all? Thank you for the heads up regarding primrose engineering. Where are you based now?

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 10:14, canalboat said:

If billybobbooth is still on here - he can tell you. Or ask Redshaws of Braunston. Or see the manual I have just sent you (assuming the forum rules allow you to receive it after 2 posts. If not - bang in a few more replies.
Sorry - the Manual file was too big to be allowed and it won't accept pdf files anyway. I have sent you my email address so I can attach it to a reply.

Sorry I've not checked forum for ages got too depressed at not being able to get to boat in 4 months. I did speak to Al.